Paypal financial institution changed to ZZZ-Paypal OLD

Options
oraclemetro
oraclemetro Member ✭✭
On my last one step update, I saw that my two paypal accounts were listed as ZZZ-Paypal OLD. In the Account list, the financial institution is now listed that way. That is not editable. Should I deactivate and reactivate these 2 accounts? Anyone know why this would have happened?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    On my last one step update, I saw that my two paypal accounts were listed as ZZZ-Paypal OLD. In the Account list, the financial institution is now listed that way. That is not editable. Should I deactivate and reactivate these 2 accounts? Anyone know why this would have happened?
    Paypal has decided to switch from EWC to EWC+.  I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with ZZZ-Paypal OLD and clear the financial name on the General tab.  After you have you deactivated the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with ZZZ-Paypal OLD  and clear the financial name on the General tab, select Tools > Add Account..., Paypal, and Next.  After you have authenticated, Quicken should provide the list of the accounts it obtained and allow you to link them to the appropriate existing registers. 

Note:  Quicken may initially import duplicate transactions which may be deleted.

Answers

• oraclemetro
    oraclemetro Member ✭✭
    Options
    I guess I should have searched the forum for ZZZ OLD first. I'm not the only one.. It looks like there is advice on what to do.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Paypal has decided to switch from EWC to EWC+.  I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with ZZZ-Paypal OLD and clear the financial name on the General tab.  After you have you deactivated the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with ZZZ-Paypal OLD  and clear the financial name on the General tab, select Tools > Add Account..., Paypal, and Next.  After you have authenticated, Quicken should provide the list of the accounts it obtained and allow you to link them to the appropriate existing registers. 

Note:  Quicken may initially import duplicate transactions which may be deleted.

• oraclemetro
    oraclemetro Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Sherlock! I followed those steps, and everything's working. The only issue is that if I do an update on just that account from the gear icon in the account register, it displays my Paypal username with "XX" before that actual email address username. But it works, and doesn't look too weird, so I'll accept that!
  • Dave508
    Dave508 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, thanks for the instructions, but the GD thing re-downloaded the last 1,139 days of transactions. Is there some simple way to correct all of the duplicates or is it a manual process. What a large scale PAIN ALL OF THIS IS.,
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Dave508,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though we apologize for the trouble you've experienced.
    Dave508 said:
    Yes, thanks for the instructions, but the GD thing re-downloaded the last 1,139 days of transactions. Is there some simple way to correct all of the duplicates or is it a manual process. What a large scale PAIN ALL OF THIS IS.,
    You can delete multiple duplicates at one by holding down CTRL on your keyboard and clicking each duplicate transaction to select them. Once you have selected each duplicate transaction you wish to delete, you can let go of the CTRL key, right-click one of the selected transactions and click Delete.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Dave508,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though we apologize for the trouble you've experienced.
    Dave508 said:
    You can delete multiple duplicates at one by holding down CTRL on your keyboard and clicking each duplicate transaction to select them. Once you have selected each duplicate transaction you wish to delete, you can let go of the CTRL key, right-click one of the selected transactions and click Delete.

I hope this helps!
    It's even easier to select the transactions when they are grouped together: select the first transaction and press the Shift key when you select the last transaction
  • Dave Richardson
    Dave Richardson Member ✭✭
    Options
    "clear the financial name on the General tab, "
    I am unable to clear the financial name
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "clear the financial name on the General tab, "
    I am unable to clear the financial name
    I suspect you did not deactivate the Online Services associated with the account register: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab, and select Deactivate 
    After you have deactivated the Online Services associated with the register, you should be able to clear the financial institutions name on the General tab.
This discussion has been closed.