Support on Puerto Rico (renewal)

FatCat
FatCat Member ✭✭
edited June 2022 in Before you Buy
Just came into this dilemma. Apparently you can no longer enroll in the Quicken subscription if you live in Puerto Rico. I just need to confirm this because I have been using Quicken for over 20 years since it was Intuit. I actually started using Parsons Technology. Anyway, please let me know if anyone had this experience. Customer service told me I can no longer renew my subscription because my credit card address is on Puerto Rico. Not even with Paypal. But then why is the selection in the scrolldown? Is this a glitch or the company is downgrading and centralizing its customer to US state based/Canada only?

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    That is not what has been reported on my forum many times.  Even people from foreign countries have been able to use Quicken Subscription.  They do ask for a US address for the purchase, but it can be any address, it doesn't have to be your address.  And the address on the credit card shouldn't matter at all, especially when using PayPal since Quicken Inc won't even get the credit card information.  That is the whole point of using PayPal over directly using the credit card!

And Puerto Rico is even considered "part of the US" so they should even consider that address correct, but I wouldn't doubt that their website is messed up in that regard and you have to fake it (the Canadian site even asks for a ZIP code which of course they don't have, they have postal codes).
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    FatCat said:
    Just came into this dilemma. Apparently you can no longer enroll in the Quicken subscription if you live in Puerto Rico. I just need to confirm this because I have been using Quicken for over 20 years since it was Intuit. I actually started using Parsons Technology. Anyway, please let me know if anyone had this experience. Customer service told me I can no longer renew my subscription because my credit card address is on Puerto Rico. Not even with Paypal. But then why is the selection in the scrolldown? Is this a glitch or the company is downgrading and centralizing its customer to US state based/Canada only?
    Hello @FatCat

I am so sorry to hear about this experience you had with Quicken Support. Thank you so much for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

I will be requesting some additional information from you via Direct Message so that this issue can be investigated further. Please check your Direct Messages by clicking on the 'envelope' icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. 

I look forward to corresponding with you about this, further.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    P.S. Quicken Windows has always been US/Canadian "only", but nothing on that regard has changed.
    Signature:
  • FatCat
    FatCat Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your prompt reply. But for some reason, I created this login id because my old one was also discontinued. Even on this id, I will not be able to get back in. I tried to confirm the new id and will not let me confim it, just like the old one. So Im completeley cutoff as long as I dont turn off the PC. So if I dont get back is because of that issue. Guess the area code shows where is my country and shuts downs the account. I dont know any other reason or its a glitch.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    OK, that is a bit different.  And you are probably right area code/phone number is probably what is messing things up.  You should be able to create an account/Quicken Id without giving a phone number:
    Note it is "recommended" not required:

That will force Quicken Inc to verify the account using the email address instead.
    That should get you past that part of the roadblock.
    Signature:
  • FatCat
    FatCat Member ✭✭
    Guess I will need to create a new account now. Im running out of accounts lol.
  • FatCat
    FatCat Member ✭✭
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > That is not what has been reported on my forum many times.  Even people from foreign countries have been able to use Quicken Subscription.  They do ask for a US address for the purchase, but it can be any address, it doesn't have to be your address.  And the address on the credit card shouldn't matter at all, especially when using PayPal since Quicken Inc won't even get the credit card information.  That is the whole point of using PayPal over directly using the credit card!
    >
    > And Puerto Rico is even considered "part of the US" so they should even consider that address correct, but I wouldn't doubt that their website is messed up in that regard and you have to fake it (the Canadian site even asks for a ZIP code which of course they don't have, they have postal codes).

Yes I could do that but the error that shows after payment is that I need to confirm address. There is no way to do that. If I go to the software My Account, all fields are marked N/A with Canada county. If I change the address from Canada to my current one, still the same issue. So your thought that the website is messed up could be correct, still the customer support lady could not even renew the subscription. So, this is could be the same thing as 2005 when they discontinued support for UK. Its downsizing. I still appreciate your effort.
  • FatCat
    FatCat Member ✭✭
    Just a follow up on my story. I was really surprised I received a call from Quicken management letting me know that there should not be any problem renewing the subscription. She assured me that Puerto Rico still being supported and the issue must be an account glitch that will be resolved by tomorrow. So for that, If this is resolved I will be glad to continue with my subscription. Will keep you on the loop.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    That is great news!
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.