new problem with JPMorgan Chase download to Quicken Mac -version 6.7.0

using Quicken Connect, reports sync error. I've tried setting up the account anew -endless loop, asking to enter code.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    using Quicken Connect, reports sync error. I've tried setting up the account anew -endless loop, asking to enter code.
    Hello @RederCarol

I am sorry to hear about this issue with sync errors and authentication loops. Thank you for seeking assistance on the Quicken Community in regards to this issue.

First, are you noticing that the error message says 'General Sync Error?' Are there any specific codes or numbers associated with the error message you are seeing?

Next, are you making use of any firewalls, antivirus software, pop-up blockers, or Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)? If so, it may be necessary to remove or turn off any of the items just mentioned, as they can occasionally cause connectivity issues that may result in certain sync errors.

Also, have you recently been prompted to enable third-party software access in your online JPMorgan Chase banking account or profile? You may have to search JPMorgan Chase's site for options regarding permissions for access from external software, such as Quicken.

I hope to hear more from you about this, and to work with you on this further, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • RederCarol
    RederCarol Member
    Chase sent me the codes when I followed Quicken's instructions. Entering the code just caused a repeat, including the report that my bank required a code - did I want one by email or by message. I changed nothing, and as of yesterday my other bank accounts have the same problem. I've been considering using Mozilla's VPN. I'm going to try Mint. I think Quicken's latest update doesn't work with Monterey's latest update. I've never had this problem before, and I've been using Quicken since 2016.
  • RederCarol
    RederCarol Member
    here is First Republic's response. I hadn't used Quicken for a couple of weeks - busy with other things.
  • RederCarol
    RederCarol Member
    I just went back to Quicken - although it reported that it couldn't connect, I found one account downloaded one transaction - May 9. So I reconciled that account. I have two others - one for each of my grandsons. All three were downloading easily - I opened the boys' accounts in 2015.
  • Quicken Jared
    I just went back to Quicken - although it reported that it couldn't connect, I found one account downloaded one transaction - May 9. So I reconciled that account. I have two others - one for each of my grandsons. All three were downloading easily - I opened the boys' accounts in 2015.
    Hello @RederCarol

I am sorry about any distress this problem has caused. Thanks for staying in communications with me about what is going on.

Are your accounts that are now downloading transactions associated with JPMorgan Chase? With the account that downloaded one new entry, were there other transactions on the bank's online history that were not in pending and still appeared to be missing? I am somewhat unclear on whether or not the account downloads seem to be functioning properly at the moment.

I look forward to your replies. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • RederCarol
    RederCarol Member
    Chase is no longer working, and First Republic has quit working. I haven't made changes to my OS or my isp. It has to be the changes being made to Quicken. I don't need those new functions, but I do want to be able to download transactions to Quicken. I'm using Excel in the meantime, but I'm going to look for a more stable application.
  • Quicken Jared
    Chase is no longer working, and First Republic has quit working. I haven't made changes to my OS or my isp. It has to be the changes being made to Quicken. I don't need those new functions, but I do want to be able to download transactions to Quicken. I'm using Excel in the meantime, but I'm going to look for a more stable application.
    @RederCarol

I do apologize that these problems are ongoing, and that this issue with First Republic has emerged. Thank you for clarifying the situation.

If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch
    4. Click Next
    5. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location
    6. Click Next
    7. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web
    8. Click Next 
    You may then add your non-Charles Schwab affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these connection issues continue in this data file.

I look forward to hearing back from you, if you should have the opportunity to attempt these recommendations and get back to us with your results. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.