Belk and Lowes Synchrony Issue

jsd46
jsd46 Member ✭✭
Synchrony bank is once again downloading strange things. It not only is downloading duplicate charge but it is posting a payment in the amount of each charge. A real mess!!

Comments

• John Campbell
    John Campbell Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, I downloaded 4 transactions this morning for my Verizon Card (Synchrony) and they were swapped - two payments were downloaded as charges and two charges were downloaded as payments! At least the account balance was correct so I could just delete the downloaded items and reconcile. Hope it gets fixed.
  • QUser004
    QUser004 Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    Same Problem. They have a new account manager rolling out that will link all consumer credit cards into one login. May thats whats causing this. Either way, quicken needs to get it fixed
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

I am sorry that you are being affected by this problem with payments being downloaded as charges, and vice versa. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

It would greatly benefit us if you could submit program log files by going to Help > Report a Problem... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. You may then provide screenshots of the issue as it appears in your account registers, and a brief description. These logs will be used purely for investigative purposes and will help our teams analyze this issue in greater detail. Information from this discussion will be forwarded to the proper channels. We are unable to provide an ETA for a resolution, and we appreciate your patience in this matter.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • GaryKantz
    GaryKantz Member ✭✭✭
    I've reported this with other Synchrony retail cards as of late. It's been a problem since 5/12/22, the date this was reported. I contacted Synchrony about this and they said this was Quicken's problem, not there's. I posted about this issue here, and the response I received here was to contact Synchrony.

This is YOUR service, not Synchrony. I would expect that Quicken would be the ones to resolve this. The thing is if I have to go around in circles to resolve this, maybe I am using the wrong financial software.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @GaryKantz Things don't stop working if nothing changes, so it's safe to assume something changed — and most times, it's on the financial institution's side. It's not unusual for financial institutions to make some back-end change which break Intuit's connection (Quicken contracts with Intuit to handle connectivity services). Sometimes these are quickly fixed within a few days; sometimes it takes weeks. It depends on how significant the needed changes are, how many outages Intuit has in its queue at the moment, whether Intuit can resolve the problem on its own or needs cooperation of the financial institution to mutually resolve it, and the size of the financial institution (e.g. an outage with Bank of America will get faster attention than an outage with a small credit union).

Just know that you're not talking to Quicken management or programmers when you post here. And this isn't Quicken Support. This forum is mostly fellow Quicken users trying to help each other, with help from a few Quicken moderators. No one here can fix back-end server problem. We can dig into what appears to be going wrong, or possible work-arounds, but only the folks at Intuit can actually fix a connectivity issue. And there is almost never any information relayed from Intuit to Quicken to users about the cause of a problem or an ETA about when it will be fixed; one day it's not working, and then suddenly it is. 

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • GaryKantz
    GaryKantz Member ✭✭✭
    > @jacobs said:
    > @GaryKantz Things don't stop working if nothing changes, so it's safe to assume something changed — and most times, it's on the financial institution's side. It's not unusual for financial institutions to make some back-end change which break Intuit's connection (Quicken contracts with Intuit to handle connectivity services). Sometimes these are quickly fixed within a few days; sometimes it takes weeks. It depends on how significant the needed changes are, how many outages Intuit has in its queue at the moment, whether Intuit can resolve the problem on its own or needs cooperation of the financial institution to mutually resolve it, and the size of the financial institution (e.g. an outage with Bank of America will get faster attention than an outage with a small credit union).
    >
    > Just know that you're not talking to Quicken management or programmers when you post here. And this isn't Quicken Support. This forum is mostly fellow Quicken users trying to help each other, with help from a few Quicken moderators. No one here can fix back-end server problem. We can dig into what appears to be going wrong, or possible work-arounds, but only the folks at Intuit can actually fix a connectivity issue. And there is almost never any information relayed from Intuit to Quicken to users about the cause of a problem or an ETA about when it will be fixed; one day it's not working, and then suddenly it is. 

Actually I reported this to Quicken's help desk and that was the explanation given to me there - that it's the financial institution's issue and not Quicken's. Considering how this becomes a "back and forth - let's blame the other guy" situation, it is frustrating from the consumer's point of view.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Yes, it's definitely frustrating for users! And there's often misinformation. Oftentimes, front-line support for a financial institution doesn't know about details of their interaction with Quicken, so they may say it's not their problem. And in reality, it may not be their problem to fix; if they made a change to their website or servers, they have created a problem which Intuit must then catch up with and fix — so technically it's not the financial institution's problem to fix. And from the Quicken end, they can say it's the financial institution is to blame, and be correct, but it still may require Intuit to make a change to work with the changes made by the financial institution. As an end user, it's often impossible to find out exactly where the problem lies, who needs to do what to fix it, and how long that is expected to take. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • lconnors73
    lconnors73 Member
    I'm having a different problem with my Lowe's Synchrony online account. After the last Quicken update One Step Update is no longer able to access the Lowe's account to update. I have deleted this account in Quicken and added it again in the hopes that will it will re-establish the online connection again, but nothing works. I have triple checked my login credentials to make sure I'm entering the correct information. I have no trouble accessing my Lowe's online account outside of Quicken. I feel this problem is associated with the last Quicken update.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having a different problem with my Lowe's Synchrony online account. After the last Quicken update One Step Update is no longer able to access the Lowe's account to update. I have deleted this account in Quicken and added it again in the hopes that will it will re-establish the online connection again, but nothing works. I have triple checked my login credentials to make sure I'm entering the correct information. I have no trouble accessing my Lowe's online account outside of Quicken. I feel this problem is associated with the last Quicken update.
    Hello @Iconnors73,

I am sorry that you seem to be affected by a similar problem. Thank you for bringing this to the attention of the Quicken Community. 

In order to be of assistance, I do have some other questions that will need to be answered. Are you having difficulties with error messages when attempting to link your accounts to online banking services? If so, what kind? Also, when did this begin? 

I look forward to hearing your responses, and I hope to work with you further on this issue, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.