New connectivity problems - First National Bank of Omaha

Matt Comer
Matt Comer Member ✭✭✭
I have a credit card from First National Bank of Omaha (the MGM Rewards card) which has been connected and downloading transactions just fine, but suddenly cannot connect. Quicken wants me to "fix the problem" or "reconnect" (I get different option buttons seemingly each time I try to connect) but any attempt to reconnect fails. I can login to their online site just fine. It looks like Quicken is setup for "Quicken Connect" (I am on a Mac, so Express Web Connect for everyone else I guess).

The bank has been in the process of rolling out a "new online experience" and I cannot help but feel that this is somehow related.

Is Quicken aware of this issue?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is now considered a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Dominic
    Dominic Member ✭✭✭
    I've had the same issue since last weekend..!!!
  • Matt Comer
    Matt Comer Member ✭✭✭
    Oh, and I did do the "report a problem" thing inside Quicken and let it attach logs and so forth. Is this the right way to get attention to the problem? Do those "report a problem" submissions honestly get reviewed?
  • yoda7th
    yoda7th Member ✭✭
    Error msg says... "Sorry. We encountered an error. It's not your fault". I've more than 15 cleared transactions on FNBO website. 'Reset Account' didn't solve the problem. 'Deactivated' and can no longer setup connection with FNBO even when choosing the Express Web Connect.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and I did do the "report a problem" thing inside Quicken and let it attach logs and so forth. Is this the right way to get attention to the problem? Do those "report a problem" submissions honestly get reviewed?
    Hello @Matt Comer

I am sorry to hear about this issue with connectivity that you are experiencing. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Are there any error codes associated with the messages you are seeing? Also, navigate to the Account List in the left-hand panel of the Quicken window and click on the affected account(s). Next, go to the Settings button in the lower left-hand corner of the screen, denoted by the 'gear' icon; after clicking this, navigate to the Downloads tab. Does a button labelled Connect Account appear, here? I want to be sure that the account is, in fact, currently connected.

@Dominic

I do apologize that you appear to be affected by this issue, as well. Could you also navigate to the Downloads tab in Settings using the instructions above and provide the Connection Type that is currently in use to link your account(s) to online banking services? I am curious if you are making use of the same Quicken Connect type, as well.

I look forward to your responses. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • eichler1
    eichler1 Member ✭✭
    I have encountered the same issue - starting around May 7 or later. I followed the instructions from @Quicken_Jared and the account still appears to be connected (no "Connect" button on the Settings-Download page). I attempted to reset the connection as @yoda7th did but that failed to reconnect. I'm on Quicken for Mac 6.7.0.
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Dominic
    Dominic Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    I just sent a report with the logs. I also wonder if it has to do with them changing their web EXPERIENCE. If you log into their site you can use the new layout or "Switch to classic experience"!!!
  • yoda7th
    yoda7th Member ✭✭
    I just reported this issue to FNBO as well. It's disappointing that an issue can go on for more than 72hours and both Quicken & FNBO technical team has no clue that connectivity between them has failed. This is clearly a technical glitch on either team and a telemetry-heartbeat would have capture this failure easily. I'm dropping a note to Quicken's 'OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT'. Leadership should be aware that it is not acceptable for customers to have connectivity problem for more than 72hours in this internet era.
  • yoda7th
    yoda7th Member ✭✭
    And here's the reply from 'OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT'... only consolation is having this issue acknowledged.
    "Thank you for contacting Quicken. My name is Daniel and I’m reaching you on behalf of Quicken’s Office of the President regarding your recent message. We are aware of the issue with First National Bank of Omaha. At the moment we no have an ETA on when it will be solved."
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    yoda7th said:
    I just reported this issue to FNBO as well. It's disappointing that an issue can go on for more than 72hours and both Quicken & FNBO technical team has no clue that connectivity between them has failed. This is clearly a technical glitch on either team and a telemetry-heartbeat would have capture this failure easily. I'm dropping a note to Quicken's 'OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT'. Leadership should be aware that it is not acceptable for customers to have connectivity problem for more than 72hours in this internet era.
    @yoda7th In fact, many connectivity issues take more than 72 hours until they are fixed.  A simple ping isn't enough to surface many connectivity issues. Is the bank doing maintenance and blocking Intuit (the company which runs connectivity for Quicken)? Has the bank made any changes to its servers, login protocols, or website? (In this case, it sounds like the answer is yes.) If so, did they give advance notice to Intuit, as they are supposed to when changes are rolled out? And if so, at the time Intuit becomes aware of the problem, are there 5, 10, 30 or more other outages at this given moment which Intuit has ahead of this one in their queue? And when they get to it, is it a quick fix of the Intuit login script, or did the change at the bank require more significant changes from Intuit? Or does Intuit need to work with the bank to mutually get the issue resolved?

So the reality is that many connectivity issues take more than a few days until they are resolved, especially when a bank has changed their website and/or security protocols. With more than 10,000 financial institutions to support, there can be dozens of new connectivity problems every day. It's unfortunate, but that's the reality.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is now considered a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• jkoster
    jkoster Member ✭✭
    I am also having this issue - Tried a few weeks ago when I opened this account and tried again today - still encountering an error. (It's not your fault.) on establishing FNBO account connectivity
  • William Crawford
    William Crawford Member ✭✭
    Same here. Quicken Deluxe -- Windows!!
  • dea7341
    dea7341 Member
    same issue here. It stopped working last week and is still down.
  • yoda7th
    yoda7th Member ✭✭
    I'm finally able to setup connection (Express Web Connect) and download transactions.
  • eichler1
    eichler1 Member ✭✭
    I can report that this issue appears to be resolved for me. I was able to reconnect and transactions were downloaded.
This discussion has been closed.