Subscription Renewal

David Moore
David Moore Member ✭✭
So why will I not renew "my subscription?" In quotes because I never knew I had a subscription--been using Quicken since the 3 1/2" floppy edition and never had any subscription. I look at the list of "advantages" to a subscription and I see nothing of value to me. It lists four reasons: 1) Download transactions--Never have, never will, enter all manual; 2) Keep software secure--only reason it's not secure is because I'm forced today to have connection to the Internet with Quicken--I have no need for a connection; 3) Mobile apps--have no need, do not use; 4) Free phone and chat support, never have found a need for this. The result is they want me to pay them $50+ dollars for nothing--sell me the software and keep all the stuff!
Tagged:

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Of course, it your choice to renew the subscription or not, but it isn't your choice to have a subscription or not.  I see little chance of them changing back to their old 3-year pricing model.

And just so you know, Quicken Windows US has been a subscription since 2018.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What was the last version you bought and currently use?  If you don't download then you didn't need to upgrade.  I'm staying on Quicken 2013.   It's still working fine.  I use it on Windows 8 & 10.  
  • I was told you don't need subscription to continue using the program, but that was not true, today, I was told I MUST renew. The program apparently pull the latest cloud data and really messing up with my accounting info. I'm shopping now for an alternative program that can do Home Business
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    I was told you don't need subscription to continue using the program, but that was not true, today, I was told I MUST renew. The program apparently pull the latest cloud data and really messing up with my accounting info. I'm shopping now for an alternative program that can do Home Business
    Hello @[email protected]

I am sorry for any confusion you may have experienced. Thank you for taking the chance to discuss the subject of subscriptions here on the Quicken Community with us.

Where and when had you been told that you were required to renew your subscription? Also, are you attempting to operate all of your accounts manually, as @David Moore had discussed, earlier? You may choose not to renew your subscription but you will not be able to make use of any of Quicken's online functionality. 

I look forward to your replies.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless @[email protected] has Quicken Starter, which goes to Read Only.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    @David Moore Lots of folks have vented about this, but it is business. Business constantly tries to improve a product and when they do, the prices or cost of the product goes up. It sounds like a lot, but look at it realistically and realize that equates to only about $1.00 per WEEK!  the only thing that is cheaper is a Hot Wheels, and then you have a whole week to play with it for a dollar. 

I wish there were some "better" things concerning Quicken but it's not bad for a dollar a week. Don't cut off your nose to spite you face. Use it and enjoy it for what it CAN do for you! Hang in!
    Quicken Windows Deluxe Subscription R40.21
     Only function used is register function and reports. NO, other Quicken functions or Sync being used. :*
This discussion has been closed.