When will Quicken sync directly with Apple Card

Options
Ron Hayner
Ron Hayner Member ✭✭
When will Quicken sync directly with Apple Card. I asked the same question to Apple Card and they said that is a question for Quicken? Apple Card provides a QFX every month, which I can upload to Quicken, there isn't a daily sync update between Apple Card and Quicken.

So does anyone know if Quicken is going to add this feature for a daily sync with Apple Card or not

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Ron Hayner,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

I apologize for any confusion as you were misinformed by the Apple representative you spoke with.

In order for a financial institution to provide support for automatic downloads with Quicken, the request would need to be made and submitted by the financial institution (Apple Card) to our service provider (Intuit). 

I hope this information serves to be useful to you! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Ron Hayner,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

I apologize for any confusion as you were misinformed by the Apple representative you spoke with.

In order for a financial institution to provide support for automatic downloads with Quicken, the request would need to be made and submitted by the financial institution (Apple Card) to our service provider (Intuit). 

I hope this information serves to be useful to you! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I asked the same question to Apple Card and they said that is a question for Quicken?
    That just can't be correct information you were given. If Apple had signed an agreement with Intuit to provide direct connectivity, you can believe Intuit would get them set up and it would appear in Quicken.

Connectivity problems can be the fault of the financial institution, Intuit, or both. But the absence of a financial institution from Intuit's list of financial institutions rests solely on the financial institution.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Cowdog
    Cowdog Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    There are numerous posts about the lack of Apple Card sync. The usual answer from Quicken is that it has to be requested of Intuit. The obvious question is why someone isn't lighting a fire under the key stakeholders to get it done! The customers are quite weary of the excuses (and that's what they are after all this time).
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    If you want to light a fire under the key stakeholders, this isn't the place to do it. Talk to Apple, talk to the bank Apple partnered with for their credit card (I can't recall who that is). Those are the people who have the power to make this happen. There's just no realistic scenario where Apple & their bank want this to work and Quicken is telling them "No, go away".

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Leo113
    Leo113 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options
    But Intuit does support Apple Card transaction downloads, so why doesn't Quicken? This is definitely a question for Quicken support and Development Teams!

[Removed - 3rd-Party Software Link]
  • jacobs
    Options
    Apple needs to sign on to provide this service; Intuit can't just go in and do it. So, as noted above, users need to pressure Apple and/or Goldman Sachs (who provides the card) to allow digital downloads into Quicken.
  • lkrupp
    lkrupp Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I’m pretty sure the culprit here is Goldman Sachs, the Apple Card’s processor. Why do I think that? My GM Mastercard’s processor recently switched from Capital One to Marcus by Goldman Sachs. Guess what? My GM Mastercard no longer syncs with Quicken either. GM Mastercard users are complaining vehemently about it and all Goldman Sachs will say is... nothing.
  • davenpdm
    davenpdm Member
    Options
    Intuit does not own Quicken. Quicken was sold to a private equity group.
  • jacobs
    Options
    davenpdm said:
    Intuit does not own Quicken. Quicken was sold to a private equity group.
    Yes, but Quicken contracts Intuit to handle its online connectivity with banks. 
This discussion has been closed.