Is anyone else having problems with their user credentials after the R40.28 update? (Q Win CA)

debrhero
debrhero Member
My password works to get to my account but does not work to sign in to the app. I have tried on my iphone and also my Windows 11 computer. Contacted support 4 days in a row and they all tried something different. Last advice was to contact Microsoft. I would like to go back to the previous version.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @debrhero,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To clarify; is it the desktop program you are having trouble signing into? Also, is the sign-in prompt cover your full Quicken Window or is it a small pop-up box? It may be helpful for you to provide a screenshot. If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• debrhero
    debrhero Member
    Thank you for getting back so quickly!
    It is a small popup. I reinstalled quicken to see if that would fix the issue but no.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for your response and for providing the screenshot.

At the very bottom of the screen, does it give you the option to click on Create a new ID or Sign in with a different Quicken ID at the bottom of the sign-in screen (underneath "Having problems with your Quicken ID?") as shown in the example below?

If that option is there, please go ahead and click on it. You should then be prompted to type "Yes" and click Sign Out.

After that, you should then be taken back to the sign-in screen again (the bottom "Having problems..." section should now no longer show), and attempt to sign in again.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• debrhero
    debrhero Member
    If you were next to me, I would hug you. I had to turn off my VPN, Firewall and Windows defender firewall. Hopefully I won't have to do it every time.

Thank you very much.
  • Quicken Anja
    @debrhero You're welcome and thanks for the update! Glad to hear all is well now. :)

-Quicken Anja

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    debrhero said:
    If you were next to me, I would hug you. I had to turn off my VPN, Firewall and Windows defender firewall. Hopefully I won't have to do it every time.

Thank you very much.
    Check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If so, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7857675/faq-windows-defender-controlled-folder-access
    Are you using a VPN while at home on your WiFi router?
    If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off, keep it off and see if that helps.

This discussion has been closed.