Accounts are not downloading data and not in download summary

Linda
Linda Member ✭✭
I have downloaded transactions from 8 institutions covering multiple different accounts for several years. Suddenly, only 2 accounts appear in the download summary. Checking the missing accounts websites, several show transactions that should have been downloaded. I have tried to go to reset account but that does not help...

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Linda,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What FIs aren't downloading, and what type of accounts at each.
    Do TOOLS, Account List for the name of the FI as known in Q.
    Also, same List, what shows under "Transaction Download" for the accounts NOT downloading?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Linda
    Linda Member ✭✭
    I have tried signing out and then signing back in but that did not help. What is an FI? The account list shows the accounts with the correct names. The account list does show that the accounts that are not downloading are marked under download as "not available". I have been downloaing these same accounts for over 5 years with no issue. These are not new accounts. One example is the Amazon Store Card...
  • Linda
    Linda Member ✭✭
    One more thing, where it lists accounts it says "express web connected" and then next column for download it says " not available"
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    FI is "Financial  Institution". That's a column in the Account list, as is "Transaction Download"
    And please double-check that "Express Web Connect" "not available" combination. They're mutually inconsistent.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Linda
    Linda Member ✭✭
    That is exactly what it says...you are right, that is inconsistent. But the column for transaction download states "ExpressWeb connect" and the column for last download states "not available" That is the same for my one bank with 8 separate accounts and with two different credit cards. Another bank and another credit card download just fine. That is my problem and I do not know how to fix. I have tried resetting the accounts and have tried deactivating and reactivating the accounts to no avail. What suggestions do you have.
  • Linda
    Linda Member ✭✭
    Update: I tried changing my passwords in one of the accounts. That did not make a difference.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for following up.

Do you have a recent backup you can restore? Next, I suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• Linda
    Linda Member ✭✭
    Restored Quicken File from one week ago. It still does not indicated that data is downloaded....
  • Quicken Anja
    In that case then next, I suggest that you try creating a copy of your data file which will rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. If successful, you would then move forward with the copied file. To create a copy, please navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below) which will also allow you to select a date range to move forward with.

If you wish to move forward with your entire data file, please check the full date range of your entire data file before copying so you can enter the correct date range if you do not wish to "shrink" your file by eliminating certain dates.

However, it's important to know that doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied file and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The reason for this is that the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID.

If the issue is not resolved in the copied file either, then feel free to switch back to your original file.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• Linda
    Linda Member ✭✭
    Good morning. Your suggestion looked very involved and the idea of starting all over seemed overwhelming. I did try something else. I opened a new file called "test" . I then added my banking account and did a download. It worked. I then tested again to do an update and it worked again. I went back to my original file and again it did not work. What I have not mentioned is that the update shows 8 accounts to be downloaded but when I get the update summary, only 2-3 show as being updated. But sometimes when one does not show as being updated, there is a transaction to add. Very strange behavious. Am I the only one with this problem?
  • Linda
    Linda Member ✭✭
    The column for transaction download states "ExpressWeb connect" and the column for last download states "not available". And the new Test file works fine for the two accounts I added. So how do we correct my main file?
  • Linda
    Linda Member ✭✭
    I just read Quicken Kathryn's comments on the new FDP service that may have already started and may be the problem affecting my online downloads. I am up to date with Quicken .. R40.21. It seems to be the only answer right now since Quicken is in the process of converting to a new download system. Please fix this problem...
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for following up.

If the steps provided in my previous response fail to resolve the issue for you, then at this point we'd recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

I apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.