AIG/VALIC Retirement Services account direct connect download fails

For the last week, I have been unable to connect and download transactions for AIG. Fails every time. OL-301-A. Other financial institutions are okay.

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue and for trying the steps previously provided, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is now considered a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

-Quicken Anja

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Hello @Richard Valentine,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try to refresh financial institution branding and profile by following the instructions provided below.
    1. In Quicken, select the Tools menu, then choose Online Center.
    2. Click the Financial Institution dropdown arrow and select the financial institution.
    3. Press CTRL+Shift while selecting Contact Info.
    4. Select one of the accounts associated with the bank from the dropdown list
    5. Select Financial Institution Branding and Profile from the list and click Refresh.
    6. Click OK and go online by clicking the Update/Send button.
    7. Attempt your online session again.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• YesRushGen
    YesRushGen Member ✭✭
    Hello, I am having the exact same problem with my AIG Valic accounts. This only started happening earlier this week. I followed Anja's suggested steps above, but that didn't fix the problem.

I can access my AIG Accounts directly online with no issues.

Thank you!
    Kelly
  • triggins
    triggins Member
    I tried your solution and it did not work...any other suggestions
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue and for trying the steps previously provided, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

-Quicken Anja

• Mikec767
    Mikec767 Member
    I too am having issue with my Valic account. Spent 2 hours on phone no help. Waiting on engineers or that's what they told me.
  • Raublinger
    Raublinger Member
    I have the same issue. In the past this issue has been resolved quickly but not this time around.
  • Beelzy
    Beelzy Member ✭✭
    Same problem. :'( This has been an intermittent issue for a very long time, but now it never works. I've reported the problem but it hasn't been resolved, and we never get any technical status/updates on problems like this.
  • ladychow
    ladychow Member ✭✭
    I called Valic and they said they'd look into it. That was 3 days ago and nothing so far. I even tried deleting my Online Services and tried to set it up new and that didn't work either. I'm totally stuck until either Quicken or Valic fix this issue. Mint works fine so I can keep up with my funds that way but it's still an inconvenience.
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is now considered a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

-Quicken Anja

• Lanka
    Lanka Member ✭✭
    I have been in touch with AIG Valic since April 27th when I first reported the problem to them. I sent an email to a person there who has contacted me in the past. I know they are working on the problem there as well even though it still isn’t resolved. I will post again if I hear anything positive or it starts to work for me.
  • vernea
    vernea Member ✭✭✭
    Huh ... I have a Polaris Platinum Elite IRA with AIG Retirement Services - if things were working, could Quicken track that investment vehicle?

If so, how would I set it up?
  • Lanka
    Lanka Member ✭✭
    I don’t know that particular IRA. It might be best to contact Valic or Quicken support directly. I have my IRA as an investment account in Quicken and activated online services for the account. It may depend on your version of Quicken. I have Quicken Premiere.
  • wierschl
    wierschl Member
    I have the same issue since April 7th. Valic so far has not been able to resolve, quicken has offered no help either other than to ask if I contacted AIG. I even tried to readd the account and it doesn't even allow you to connect to AIG Valic. I'm guessing it is a security update with either quicken or valic that went bad. Very frustrating.
  • Jmforet
    Jmforet Member
    I have the same problem.
  • eddaycpa
    eddaycpa Member ✭✭
    I 'm having the same problem. This has been an intermittent issue for a very long time, but starting several weeks ago (possibly a month), it never works. Refreshing financial institution branding and profile did nothing.
  • JH61
    JH61 Member ✭✭
    I am thinking about switching away from Quicken. AIG Valic says it is a Quicken problem.
  • Lanka
    Lanka Member ✭✭
    Are you any closer to having an ETA on the resolution of this problem? It has been three weeks now. Thank you very much.
  • Richard Valentine
    Richard Valentine Member ✭✭
    This is working today for the first time.
  • eddaycpa
    eddaycpa Member ✭✭
    Worked for me today at 4:00p (Pacific) :)
  • Brian Robinson
    Brian Robinson Member ✭✭
    It worked for me as well today. Thanks for fixing it!
  • sarnian
    sarnian Member ✭✭
    Downloads started failing April 20, resumed again without any action on my part on May 19.
This discussion has been closed.