update of fidelity rewards credit card account

Options
bill21
bill21 Member ✭✭✭
for several weeks, the update of my fidelity rewards credit card account produces the error message that the account is not longer found at the host institution (Evan Financial services). I've tried resetting, then deactivate/reactivate, with no change in the behavior. is this a known problem? (quicken deluxe on a windows 10 machine). despite the constant error message, the account does seem to update occasionally, about half the time.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
  • bill21
    bill21 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    the setup dialog does not provide any option for the connection type.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    bill21 said:
    the setup dialog does not provide any option for the connection type.
    To switch to the Web Connect connection, deactivate the current connection method of the account register.  To import the transactions using the Web Connect connection method, sign in to the financial institution's web site, download the available transactions and import the .QFX.  Note: When we change connections method, Quicken may initially import duplicate transactions which we may delete.
  • bill21
    bill21 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    thanks for your input. I'm not interested in the web connect option, since is not subject to automatic triggering. I was hoping to see "direct connect" as an option, but haven't seen that as an option, even when I deactivate the account and then re-activate.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bill21 said:
    thanks for your input. I'm not interested in the web connect option, since is not subject to automatic triggering. I was hoping to see "direct connect" as an option, but haven't seen that as an option, even when I deactivate the account and then re-activate.
    Elan Financial Services only supports the Express Web Connect and Web Connect connection methods for credit accounts.  If you would like them to support the Direct Connect connection method, you should contact them.

If you want to continue to use the unreliable Express Web Connect connection method and haven't already, I suggest you contact Quicken Support: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options  Note:  Once Quicken Support escalates the issue to Intuit's Express Web Connect scripting team, it may take a few weeks to a few months before the issue is resolved.
This discussion has been closed.