Quicken not updating accounts

mickkassem
mickkassem Member ✭✭
As of five minutes ago, Quicken is not updating the closing pricing at my Fidelity account. Also continue to get an error on Chase account downloads. Did not have this problem till a few days ago. Problem on your end or mine?

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well … since you didn’t really give any details .
    - mutual fund pricing is updated later after market closes, unless you have stocks in your Fidelity account, which should be updated during the day. 
    - Chase has a problem with OL-393 and there is both an Alert and very long existing thread on that issue 
    - lastly, what version …. Help —> About Quicken 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• 20something
    20something Member ✭✭
    Today stocks in all brokerage accounts not updating prices via one step or through the invest dashboard to update quotes. Running current Q release on windows. Have had 3 weeks of sporadic problems that quicken support has helped with. I thought I was out of the woods! Any thoughts?
  • 20something
    20something Member ✭✭
    Quicken Premier, windows 10
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Today stocks in all brokerage accounts not updating prices via one step or through the invest dashboard to update quotes. Running current Q release on windows. Have had 3 weeks of sporadic problems that quicken support has helped with. I thought I was out of the woods! Any thoughts?
    Hello @20something

I am sorry to hear about this issue with stocks and updates. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Do you mean to say that none of your brokerage accounts are currently updating, including those associated with Financial Institutions aside from Fidelity? If so, where is the current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. I also recommend saving a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the same menu and then attempting the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I look forward to hearing back from you once you've attempted these instructions, if necessary. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • genoajoe146
    genoajoe146 Member ✭✭
    I have a similar problem: Q downloads quotes but does not display Day Gain/Loss or Day Gain/Loss % in my watchlist for today or for any previous day. I know the prices are updated but Day Gain/Loss & % are not shown.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I have a similar problem: Q downloads quotes but does not display Day Gain/Loss or Day Gain/Loss % in my watchlist for today or for any previous day. I know the prices are updated but Day Gain/Loss & % are not shown.
    Hello @genoajoe146

I do apologize that you are being affected by this issue with quotes failing to update. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Have you closed and reopened Quicken? You may also try restarting your computer. There was a similar issue that was reported here on the Quicken Community that also seems to have resolved itself for many users within the last 24 hours, as documented in this thread. 

I hope that is helpful, and I intend to work with you further on this issue, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • 20something
    20something Member ✭✭
    Hello Jared, Today the problem is magically healed! I was prepared to validate my file but decided to run one step update first and voila all the stocks accounts updated values/quotes and all else in the one step account list downloaded…..Ummm…must be sunspots or leprechauns!
    Thanks for your efforts to support us all though!
This discussion has been closed.