Quotes/Prices Not Updating (QMAC) [Edited]

dboltson
dboltson Member ✭✭
edited June 2022 in Investing (Mac)
When I "Update Security Prices" this morning (Monday, May 16th) from the Quicken Quotes Server, the process completes. But there's nothing new reported!

"Quotes were successfully downloaded" it says . . . But, clicking on "View Latest Prices" reveals Time/Date stamps that are all 5/13/22.

Glitch? Hitch? [Removed - Profanity]

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello again,

This has been reported to our teams and after further investigating, it appears that users have been logged out of Quicken, but have not been prompted to log back in which is likely the cause of this issue. 

That said, if you haven't already, we recommend that you please try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Sign Out...
    3. Quit/relaunch Quicken
    4. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    5. Follow the prompts to be taken back to your data file after signing in
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

We do now have a New Active Alert regarding stock quotes not updating. You may follow this link in order to access the alert and bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. Please note, the instructions located within the alert. 

I do apologize for the inconvenience and truly appreciate your patience as we work through this. 

Thank you!

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    dboltson said:
    When I "Update Security Prices" this morning (Monday, May 16th) from the Quicken Quotes Server, the process completes. But there's nothing new reported!

"Quotes were successfully downloaded" it says . . . But, clicking on "View Latest Prices" reveals Time/Date stamps that are all 5/13/22.

Glitch? Hitch? [Removed - Profanity]
    Hello @dboltson,     

I am sorry to hear about this issue with downloading quotes. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, are you making use of any firewalls, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), pop-up blockers, or antivirus software? It may be necessary to turn any of these off if they are in use, as they can sometimes cause connectivity issues that prevent information from properly downloading into Quicken.

Additionally, are you noticing any problems with specific financial institutions? If so, which ones?

I look forward to your response, and hope to continue working with you on this issue. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • littlm3
    littlm3 Member
    My portfolio does not reflect "price day change" / "day gain or loss" as of today 5/16....as well
  • clcrawford66
    clcrawford66 Member ✭✭
    Quotes aren't updating for me either.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Quotes aren't updating for me either.
    Hello @clcrawford66 and @littlm3,  

I am sorry to hear that you are each being affected by this issue as well. Thank you for looking to this Quicken Community Discussion for further assistance.

I am curious: have you already closed and reopened Quicken? Is the issue continuing after doing so? A user in this thread seems to have had some success after attempting this.

I look forward to your responses. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • dboltson
    dboltson Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Thanks for your quickened response, Jared, and your offer of support!
    You can see for yourself the date mismatch on the attached screenshot.

The only change for me this weekend was upgrading my modem,
    from a DOCSIS 2.0 model to a DOCSIS 3.0 model.

Everything else is working much better / faster / smoother.
    Except for the Quicken Quotes Service, which seems stuck on delivering data from last Friday.

I'm wondering if you migrated the Quotes Server over the weekend,
    from 209.234.225.183 to something else . . .
  • Gilles9
    Gilles9 Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    Same problem here quotes/prices do not update
  • mikeweberatl
    mikeweberatl Member ✭✭✭
    no quotes either as of May 16
  • Gilles9
    My quotes/prices updated only once this morning

after looking in Securities, I noticed all "held" shares had a volume of "0" (zero) fo today

I deletd that line of price with a "0" (zero) volume
    Quit Quicken and relaunched
    and now the prices/quotes updated with no "0" volume

I suppose the server had an error putting "0" in volumes

I certainly hope it is fixed as it takes some times to delete to zero volume share prices

• Gilles9
    BAD, I just updated the prices again, by forcing update ( arrow in Investing )
    and Volumes are back to "0" zero,  so it does not update now

I do not have time to delete all these zero "0" volume price lines again

PLEASE fix this
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    This site isn't Quicken Support. I imagine they are aware of the outage with their quotes service, but has anyone tried calling Support to see if they confirm this is a known problem?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • clcrawford66
    clcrawford66 Member ✭✭
    It seems to be working for me now.
  • jacobs
    It seems to be working for me now.
    Yup, seems to have come back online within the past hour.
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Not yet for myself. Just one update mid day. FWIW
    Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier Subscription
  • Gilles9
    Was working for a while, back to not working with volume at zero, which I think prevents it from updating new prices/quotes

this is bad

• jacobs
    Gilles9 said:
    Was working for a while, back to not working… this is bad
    I don't consider Quicken a great tool for real-time investment tracking; there are numerous websites and brokerage accounts which can provide up-to-the-minute data if anyone needs it. So to me, an outage in the Quicken quotes service is not such a big deal — unless it drags on for days.
  • Mary Marnee
    Mary Marnee Member
    Price Day Change not working for me either.
  • dboltson
    dboltson Member ✭✭
    Still not working . . .
  • Gilles9
    @jacobs

"I don't consider Quicken a great tool for real-time investment tracking"

I agree, but it gives you a good insight, even with the 20 minuts delay for quotes

But being broken is not an option for Quicken, especially for more than one day

I do not think it is the App itself, but it seems to be the interaction with the quote server, or the server itself
  • jacobs
    Gilles9 said:
    @jacobs

"I don't consider Quicken a great tool for real-time investment tracking"

I agree, but it gives you a good insight, even with the 20 minuts delay for quotes
    Sure, it' useful for that; I'm just saying that you can easily enough check the broad state of the markets on many websites, and your specific holdings on your brokerage website, should you have some immediate need to see where you stand.

Personally, I'm happy not checking day by day, let alone hour by hour; I'm not day trading nor trying to time the markets moves, so seeing huge losses on a sharply down day  is depressing, and huge gains on a sharply up day are often a mirage. ;)

Gilles9 said:
    But being broken is not an option for Quicken, especially for more than one day
    Well, it's not yet more than a day. Friday quotes were okay, and today is the next trading day; you wouldn't have gotten quotes over the weekend. So being out for less than a day is, for me, not much of an issue. And looking now, I seem to have correct ending prices in Quicken for both individual stocks and mutual funds for today.

Gilles9 said:
    I do not think it is the App itself, but it seems to be the interaction with the quote server, or the server itself
    Yes, definitely a back-end issue. Which, it seems, they've now fixed. (Hopefully for good!)
  • dboltson
    dboltson Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Quote server FIXED!

At least it's now working for me; hope the same for you :-)
  • Roger Miller
    Roger Miller Member ✭✭✭
    dboltson said:
    Quote server FIXED!

At least it's now working for me; hope the same for you :-)

No joy here. Stocks and ETFs are updating, but NOT mutual funds.
    QWin Premier user since 1997. QWin Premier subscription on Windows 10 & 11. I don't use mobile & web or bill pay.

• dboltson
    dboltson Member ✭✭
    Yes, true; I see now. Only Stocks & ETFs; no Mutual Fund updates (yet?) . . . At least we're heading in the right direction :-)
  • jacobs
    No joy here. Stocks and ETFs are updating, but NOT mutual funds.
    I hold number of Vanguard mutual funds, and 15 of them received price updates for today, while 3 didn't. Then I clicked update again, and the missing 3 came in. Go figure.
  • dboltson
    dboltson Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Different day, SAME STORY:
    NOT WORKING, once again.

I thought this was solved last night, but apparently NOT!
  • Rseeb
    Rseeb Member ✭✭
    Same problem here. Began last night.
  • Gilles9
    Yes still a problem
    prices/quotes updated once, and that is it
    no ore update ( and I see the volumes are not at zero, so it is a download problem with quotes
  • Gilles9
    Seems to be off and on
    I suppose they are working on it
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Quicken Anja
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello again,

This has been reported to our teams and after further investigating, it appears that users have been logged out of Quicken, but have not been prompted to log back in which is likely the cause of this issue. 

That said, if you haven't already, we recommend that you please try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Sign Out...
    3. Quit/relaunch Quicken
    4. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    5. Follow the prompts to be taken back to your data file after signing in
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• Gilles9
    @Quicken Anja

Your Log out log back in suggestion may work
    But I found that when Prices/quotes do not update
    if I look at Securities, choose one and rebuild its price history
    Quit Quicken
    and Relaunch
    then quotes get updated everytime I click the round arrow

But if I quit Quicken and do not use it for a while, the problem comes back
    (and doing as I mentioned herein will fix it again )

if this may help your developpers

This discussion has been closed.