ZZZ-paypal OLD ??

Answers

• Randy 415
    Randy 415 Windows Beta Beta
    I have not transitioned. Old method still works. I will transition when old method no longer downloads.
  • Randy 415
    Also, the NOTES section from the PayPal web site does not download to the NOTES part of the transactions.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Randy 415 said:
    I have not transitioned. Old method still works. I will transition when old method no longer downloads.

Have you been prompted to transition?

If not, I am not seeing a manual way to transition if we wanted to and as of today, setting up a NEW PayPal Account in a TEST db still fails after logging in to PayPal in a browser.

I'd be surprised if anyone was successful transitioning no matter what they tried. Unfortunately, they are not usually the ones that post.
  • Randy 415
    Maybe ZZZ-PayPal-OLD is not a good title to use during transition. HA. PayPal 2021, and PayPal 2022 might be better candidates. 
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    More information:

As I mentioned, I think there are two separate but related issues on this problem. Likely the first to be addressed is what happens if the alert to change happens OR setting up a NEW PayPal account is started. Both seem to go through the same dialog to authenticate (authorize) PayPal to talk to Quicken and for me when testing a new account, fail at a blank browser page with an .....error URL.

So, I have cleared cache, accept cookies, turned off pop-up blockers and still get the blank page.

My default browser is Firefox 91.0 ESR should should be current to work for this. I might try a different browser set to default and this process seems to only work with the default browser.

I personally believe this one needs to be solved first.

@Quicken_Kathryn, any updates for us? Do we know this has been successful for others?

Thanks.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    UPDATE: I opened Firefox in Safe Mode before opening my Test db in Quicken. Then added PayPal. It worked as expected. The downside was / is it only downloaded 90 days of transactions. But it is my test database so makes no issue for me. So we know something in (my) Firefox is conflicting with authorizing in Quicken/PayPal.

NOW, if I could get Quicken to prompt me in any way to UPDATE from ZZZ, I could likely solve this.

However, I think you have to agree not yet working as designed.

Awaiting info on what to try next.
  • @Bob. Our dev team has found that some users are not getting the transition prompt for PayPal, and we're looking into the root cause.  I'll update this thread when there's more info available, but in the meantime, the ZZZ-PayPal-old will still work, it just looks odd :neutral:

[CTP-3768]
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob. said:

I'd be surprised if anyone was successful transitioning no matter what they tried. Unfortunately, they are not usually the ones that post.
    I transitioned without issue. Deactivated, cleared out info from account details, and reactivated with PayPal as the FI. No issues, no duplicates (I almost never use PayPal). But my account name is now my email address prefixed with "XX" and I wonder why that is.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Bob. Our dev team has found that some users are not getting the transition prompt for PayPal, and we're looking into the root cause.  I'll update this thread when there's more info available, but in the meantime, the ZZZ-PayPal-old will still work, it just looks odd :neutral:

[CTP-3768]
    Thanks Kathyrn.

I find it good to know I can authorize when needed. Still trying to figure out why only in Firefox safe mode. No add-ons appear to be a conflict for that but my suspicion is how cookies are handled.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    I transitioned without issue. Deactivated, cleared out info from account details, and reactivated with PayPal as the FI. No issues, no duplicates (I almost never use PayPal). But my account name is now my email address prefixed with "XX" and I wonder why that is.

Thanks for that. Rather than deactivate, I am going to wait until it works as designed. But good to know there is a workable fallback.
  • bigby65@
    bigby65@ Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Kathryn said:
    > @Bob. Our dev team has found that some users are not getting the transition prompt for PayPal, and we're looking into the root cause.  I'll update this thread when there's more info available, but in the meantime, the ZZZ-PayPal-old will still work, it just looks odd :neutral:
    >
    > [CTP-3768]

I am one of those users. It also doesn't show the correct online balance.
  • BarryGraham
    BarryGraham Member, Windows Beta Beta
    I noticed this today. I figured out what had happened and was about to deactivate and reactivate but thought better of it and now I have seen this thread I am glad I waited.
    Barry Graham
    Quicken H&B Subscription
  • d1_
    d1_ Member ✭✭
    > @bigby65@ said:
    > > @Quicken Kathryn said:
    > > @Bob. Our dev team has found that some users are not getting the transition prompt for PayPal, and we're looking into the root cause.  I'll update this thread when there's more info available, but in the meantime, the ZZZ-PayPal-old will still work, it just looks odd :neutral:
    > >
    > > [CTP-3768]
    >
    > I am one of those users. It also doesn't show the correct online balance.

Exactly the same problem.

In fact, upon reviewing the transactions, Quicken appears to have arbitrarily inserted a positive deposit in the 'opening balance' of the PayPal account (almost 8 years ago). Add to that was SUBSEQUENT to doing an update whereupon a small window pooped up suggesting that I was using an account that had been deactivated and required attention! Huh? I never deactivated that account.

Needless to say, I was absolutely ecstatic about the prospect (again) of spending unplanned hours of getting to the bottom of yet another Quicken induced problem. Thankfully, Quicken has started a thread in the Community where it appears Quicken employees post and encourage others to post 'knock, knock' jokes thus allowing me a break from my chasing down issues and integrity concerns in Quicken.

Eric Dunn, please share if you are also experiencing these sort of problems with Quicken and if it has impacted your 'very regular routine'. This problem, and especially the February 2022 update headache, certainly have impacted my routine.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    ARRRRGGGGHHH

I got the prompt to update PayPal account today. I putFirefopx into safe mode. It worked.

but...

It says it downloaded 63 days of transactions. It added an opening balance of 22,000 and change and I can only recall it should have been 0.00 After that, I am off by over 1800.00 and no idea why.

At a loss for how to fix this...
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Could not find the error other that opening balance. So changed the opening balance to match what the account was off. Definitely not the best solution. Even when this worked it is buggy.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, all the errors were at the begoinning of my PayPal account register, not anything recent/. I had to make a correction as it showed payments but never funding for 6 of them. Worst offender the 22,000.00 opening balance.

My suggestion, make note of your opening balamce and a screenshot of your earliest transactions. Then wait until Quicken prompts you. If it works, fine. If not, try another browswer as your default. And if not, make syre the browser is in Safe Mode and open before clicking on the authorize dialog in Quicken.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just checked OSU for the evening. Immediately got PayPal needs your attention. Need to reauthorize. So I did. Had to open browser in safe mode, then reauthorize. I hope this is not a continuing inconvenience.
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    Ok help needed. I am now being forced to reauthorize - after which the "add account" window opens. I don't want to add the account because I know from the first time this happened it will only download a couple of months of transactions into a new account. So under the "action" drop down I am trying to select "Link to existing account." The problem is that my existing PayPal account does not show up as an option to link to.

I suspect I need to deactivate it first - but if it is deactivated, then how will I launch the download sequence that leads to reauthorizing?

Does that make sense?
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    The First time I had to reauthorize, it selected link to account automatically. The Second time, it selected DO NOT ADD account automatically.

Personally, I would NOT deactivate. It is messed up enough as it is.

You seem to have a third option. If it were me,  I would let it select Add Account, but I could easily be wrong.

• PennyRich
    PennyRich Member ✭✭
    > @dondgc said:
    > Ok help needed. I am now being forced to reauthorize - after which the "add account" window opens. I don't want to add the account because I know from the first time this happened it will only download a couple of months of transactions into a new account. So under the "action" drop down I am trying to select "Link to existing account." The problem is that my existing PayPal account does not show up as an option to link to.
    >

Same for me, just now.
    I just canceled, I'll keep waiting for resolution.
    Not going to add as new account in Q.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have to correct my previous comment. You guys are right not to add as a new acount. This is yet another different bug in this process and I was fortunate it linked my accounts. Of course, it added $22,000 to the opening balance and was off by $1800 after that correction, but at least I have history.

• Cavnaugh
    Cavnaugh Member ✭✭
    I get the same but Quicken wants me to link the account to my Checking Account or to Create new Checking Account and not allowing me to reconnect it to my PayPal Account that was renamed to ZZZ-PayPal-old a while back. What is Going On ????????
  • PennyRich
    PennyRich Member ✭✭
    Same for me, just now.
    I just canceled, I'll keep waiting for resolution.
    Not going to add as new account in Q.

Ok, I tried a second time.
    Did Cloud sync, closed Q, restarted Q.
    Same behavior as 1st try.
    Q prompts to reauthorize, I do that in web browser.
    Ask to link to existing account. PayPal is not shown.
    The behavior is repeatable, at least for me.
    So canceled again. :/
  • cjim
    cjim Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja - Could you please provide an update on the progress towards getting this Paypal issue resolved.
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    > @Bob. said:

> You seem to have a third option. If it were me,  I would let it select Add Account, but I could easily be wrong.

@Bob. - I know you updated your comment, but I did want to explain the problem with the third option for those who might not have experienced this - when you select the "add account" option, you only get transactions back for a month or two as as opposed to years of history. And all your prior transfers get messed up. I highly recommend, as @Bob. later said, don't use the "add account" option. Wait for this to get sorted out. And don't do ANYTHING without backing up.
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    > @Drinkingbird said:
    > The part you probably missed is after going through the paypal login and authorization, Quicken defaults to add it as a new account but you can change that to "Link to Existing Account".  Just did it and it worked fine for me.
    >

@Drinkingbird - the problem is that my PayPal account doesn't show up when I try to "Link to existing account."
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    And for me, the authorization CHOSE link to existing and found the account without me having to make changes to that part of the process at all.
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    > @Bob. said:
    > And for me, the authorization CHOSE link to existing and found the account without me having to make changes to that part of the process at all.

Just tried again - it still defaults to "add new account". When I manually select "Link to existing" the PayPal account does not show up as option.
  • Quicken Kathryn
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Hi All,
    Thanks for reporting these issues--as you can see, we resolved the issue with no prompt to transition, but it appears there are some lingering issues with the data being sent, and the ability to link your "new" accounts to the existing ones.

Our dev team is looking into this ASAP, and would like to take a look at as many log files as possible to troubleshoot--if possible, please go to Help > Report a problem in Quicken and send your log files to us, especially your sync logs.  Please include "PayPal" in the subject of your submission so the team can gather them up quickly.

Thanks for your help!
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • Charlie236
    Charlie236 Member ✭✭✭
    Did a Re-authorization, today. After it, additional transactions were added, labeled OTHER. These transactions were duplicates of Reconciled transactions. So now, if I remove these OTHERs, I need to add an Adjustment. Why? - this indicates something else is wrong on either Quicken's or PayPal's side. My PayPal account of many years has been kept in sync; There are no OTHERs on Paypal's side -no missing transactions.
    In last few months, I've lost countless hours with TDBank issues, documented here, Chase issues, documented here and, now, PAYPAL. Perhaps a 10 year free subscription could cover the cost of just my lost time.
    I'm a Quicken user since 1990.
This discussion has been closed.