Help, saved reports empty under R40.28 and crashes when trying to add to Toolbar (Q Win Canada)

jeffnoone2
jeffnoone2 Member ✭✭
Since updating to R40.28 27.1.40.28, saved reports empty (altho there are multiple), and Quicken crashes when trying to add Saved Reports to Toolbar.

When I save a new report, I can see the old reports are still there, as Quicken shows a list of report names previously used. Newly saved reports also don't appear in Reports and Graphs Centre.

My database is reported as OK, but large 276MB
Any help appreciated
Thanks
Jeff

Comments

• jeffnoone2
    jeffnoone2 Member ✭✭
    I also tried a "Save a Copy" option (and open copy), as well as validate file (file OK), neither worked to bring back the reports. The Reports I already had on the Toolbar are there, and still work, but I cant access any of my other saved reports
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @jeffnoone2,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

First, I suggest restoring from a backup that was created before the update. This backup will have the words, "pre-update" within the name. You may follow this link for more information regarding restoring from backups. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. 

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jeffnoone2
    jeffnoone2 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Thanks Jasmine
    I dont have a file with pre-update in it, but I do have "qdataCpy-R-33.7-2022-05-10.QDF-backup", which was made at the right time. I tried restoring from this, and I get the same issue, no ability to list my saved reports and it crashes when I press "Manage toolbar reports"
    Any other ideas, or could it be a bug?
    Jeff
  • jeffnoone2
    jeffnoone2 Member ✭✭
    I do have a lot of saved reports, so 3-4 different tax filing each year, each of which required 4 or 5 separate reports, probably back to 2007, if not earlier. I never deleted any, but would create from prev yrs version with updated name eg Health expenses 2020, I would create a new Health Expenses 2021
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @jeffnoone2,

In that case then next, I suggest that you try creating a copy of your data file which will rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. If successful, you would then move forward with the copied file. To create a copy, please navigate to File > Copy or Backup File... > Create a copy or template (see examples below) which will also allow you to select a date range to move forward with.

If you wish to move forward with your entire data file, please check the full date range of your entire data file before copying so you can enter the correct date range if you do not wish to "shrink" your file by eliminating certain dates.

However, it's important to know that doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied file and you will need to sign back in with your Quicken ID and reconnect all of your online accounts, online billers, Quicken Bill Manager services, etc if you plan to use that copied file going forward. The reason for this is that the new copy also creates a new and separate dataset ID.

If the issue is not resolved in the copied file either, then feel free to switch back to your original file.

Let me know how it goes! Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

• jeffnoone2
    jeffnoone2 Member ✭✭
    Hi Jasmine,
    Unfortunately, this make a copy (and use) option didn't achieve any change (I had actually tried it before, as mentioned up the thread).
    I have tried repair option, restore from backup, and make then use copy.

Any other suggestions?
    An error box does pop up suggesting it be sent to quicken, and I have sent this several times.

I don't want to reveal my username for Quicken, but would you be able to check on this?
    I haven't heard anything from Tech Support

Thanks
    Jeff

Here are two of the error files and a screen grab

Synlog.txt:
    <!-- ***** SEND to http://qcs-throttle-prod2.us-west-2.elasticbeanstalk.com/mayi/sync at 22:46:11 on 20220516 ***** -->
    Header:
    http://qcs-throttle-prod2.us-west-2.elasticbeanstalk.com/mayi/sync
    [Content-Type] : application/json

Content:

<!-- ***** RECV from http://qcs-throttle-prod2.us-west-2.elasticbeanstalk.com/mayi/sync at 22:46:11 on 20220516 ***** -->
    {"response":{"response":"yes","count":0,"interval":15,"message":""}}

<!-- ***** SEND to http://qcs-throttle-prod2.us-west-2.elasticbeanstalk.com/mayi/sync at 22:49:03 on 20220516 ***** -->
    Header:
    http://qcs-throttle-prod2.us-west-2.elasticbeanstalk.com/mayi/sync
    [Content-Type] : application/json

Content:

<!-- ***** RECV from http://qcs-throttle-prod2.us-west-2.elasticbeanstalk.com/mayi/sync at 22:49:03 on 20220516 ***** -->
    {"response":{"response":"yes","count":0,"interval":15,"message":""}}

QCS.log (same message repeats with every error)

---------------------------------------------------------------

################### Monday, May 16, 2022, 22:58:22 #####################
    ERROR:HotfixPatchClientService::IsHotfixPatchAllow - Exception messageUnexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.

---------------------------------------------------------------
  • jeffnoone2
    jeffnoone2 Member ✭✭
    Here is the screengrab of error.
    I did send the crash report to Quicken with a message::
    "Saved reports no longer visible after update, and crashes every time when I press "manage toolbar reports""

Hope you can help
  • jeffnoone2
    jeffnoone2 Member ✭✭
    The crash occurs when I push the button "Manage Toolbar Reports"
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @jeffnoone2,

Thank you for providing that extra information. 

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken? Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• jeffnoone2
    jeffnoone2 Member ✭✭
    Hi Jasmine
    Thanks for your suggestions
    Uninstalled and reinstalled as suggested.
    Also emptied the Documents\Quicken and the Quicken folder in Appdata completely
    Then started the .qdf file (both my ongoing one and the save a copy one.
    Behavior remains the same - Saved reports no longer visible after update, and crashes every time when I press "manage toolbar reports""

Anything further I can do?
    Jeff
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @jeffnoone2,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and that the issue persists after the previous troubleshooting instructions provided by @Quicken Jasmine have failed to resolve it so far.

At this point, we'd recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance and/or possible escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.