Inaccurate Balance Calculation

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: My credit card has started to subtract charges from the balance. Why?.

Comments

• JBean78
    JBean78 Member
    Same problem here. Example I have a balance owing of 111.54 next line is charge for 59.57. Balance owing should be 171.11 but is showing 51.97. Just started today. Is affecting two credit card accounts. Date is sorted correctly. Nothing has changed from yesterday except downloaded charges. This IS basic math...
  • JBean78
    JBean78 Member
    Also, why is there no support on the Quicken website? Just a blank page.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    JBean78 said:
    Same problem here. Example I have a balance owing of 111.54 next line is charge for 59.57. Balance owing should be 171.11 but is showing 51.97. Just started today. Is affecting two credit card accounts. Date is sorted correctly. Nothing has changed from yesterday except downloaded charges. This IS basic math...
    If you haven’t already, you may want to verify the register is sorted appropriately and there aren’t any unexpected filters being applied:  open the register, select the Date column header (you want the small triangle to right of Date to point up) and Reset.

If the issue persist, please provide a screen capture of the relevant portion of the account register.

JBean78 said:
    Also, why is there no support on the Quicken website? Just a blank page.
    If you haven't already,  you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the account register sorted correctly by Date in ascending order and not filtered in any way?
    If you actually owe money to the bank, the Running Balance better be shown as a negative number, in red. Is it?
    About Quicken Support:
This discussion has been closed.