cannot setup Discover for one step update

Jack
Jack Member ✭✭✭
I have been downloading from Discover for years. Recently, transactions stopped showing up for Discover and even though Discovercard is checked on my one step update request, it never shows up on the results summary. I tried resetting my accounts (I have 2 accounts with discover linked to the same email address / loginid). I am now receiving an error CC-508 (financial institution has a request) with instructions to login to the discover website and navigate to see transactions, answering any questions along the way. I do this for each of my accounts ... there are no questions. I try to connect again from within Quicken and get the same error. I spoke with Discover and there is no problem with my account and they indicated that this must be a Quicken issue.
As a result of the reset account, my discover card accounts are no longer set up for download and I am unable to re-establish my connection with Discover via Quicken. Please help. Thanks.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    CC-508 implies that it is/was setup for Express Web Connect method downloads.  Discover can be setup for Direct Connect, you just have to use Advanced Setup:

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Jack
    Jack Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Trying Advanced Options takes me to the same Login screen for the financial institution and returns the same error. There is no opportunity for me to select express web connect or Direct connect. And my Discover account continues to be locked up for invalid login attempts.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do not select Discover Card Account Center for the financial institution.
    When I click on Advanced Options, I get either this for Discover Card:

and I get this for Discover Bank:

• Jack
    Jack Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks, splasher. I discovered that I needed to de-activate ALL of my Discover accounts in all of my logins to make this work. I am OK now. Thanks for your help.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good, I think you will find that the Direct Connect method works better and rarely has a problem.

• Jack
    Jack Member ✭✭✭
    The one problem I remember from when I first tried Direct Connect (when it first became available) was that the transactions from Amazon often overflowed the comment buffer causing a 2nd garbage transaction that had to be deleted for each such transaction. Has that been corrected? Either Amazon or Discover or Quicken needs to truncate the field at some point and the garbage could be eliminated!
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.  Discover Card still sends a $0 transaction when the transaction has longer information.  I find it quicker to accept them and then do a CTRL+ selective picking of them and then a right-click mass delete.

• catdancer103
    catdancer103 Member ✭✭✭
    I have had a similar problem.  Discover told me that if I chose paper statements, then Quicken would not work.  When I switched to electronic statements, it worked fine.  When I went back later and switched to paper again, my credit card account doesn't download.  I will have to try your solution with all accounts when I am feeling more patient.  ;)
This discussion has been closed.