Calculation within entry field is broken (Q Mac)

Dave in SF
Dave in SF Member ✭✭✭
This problem started happening a few weeks ago, and I reported it as a bug but so far there doesn't seem to be a fix, AND IT'S MADDENING.

The problem is that when you do math within an entry field in the register, the calculated total gets changed to a prior value from the calculation when you hit enter or tab (which should put the calculated total into the field.)

I realize that probably sounds confusing, so let me give an example.

I'm entering the amount field for a transaction in the register.  Instead of just typing in the amount, I need to do some math.  So I type 100 + 200 + 300 and press =.  The correct total ($600) appears in the entry field just as it should.  But as soon as I press TAB or RETURN to leave the field, the number in the field changes to 300, the last figure in the equation I entered.

This is completely maddening, and as I am never working with nice round numbers, it means that every time I do a calculation, I have to write down the total with a pen and paper, so that after I hit enter (and the number changes to the wrong number) I can manually type in the correct total.

I would consider this the highest priority of bug to get fixed. [Removed - 3rd-Party Request/Speculation]
Tagged:

Comments

• Dave in SF
    Dave in SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    [Removed - Off Topic/Unhelpful]
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Dave in SF,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and providing a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue is a bug that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA available. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on reading other discussions, it's been my understanding that the workaround is to NOT press the "=" before pressing Tab or Enter. Does that work for you?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Correct: simply don't press the = and instead press Tab (or Return), and the correct total of the calculation will be entered in the amount field. While it's an annoying little bug, it's easy enough to work around; no need to resort to paper and pencil.  :)

I'd note that there have been no releases of Quicken Mac since this bug was reported shortly after version 6.7.0 was released late last month. I would expect to see this fixed when there's a new version released in the next month. The developers sometimes issue a "dot fix" release (e.g. 6.7.1) to fix significant bugs, but they apparently don't consider this serious enough to put the entire use community through installing an update. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    And as soon as I wrote the post above, the developers released version 6.7.1 with a fix to the = problem. ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.