Downgrade from Deluxe to Starter

drdively
drdively Member ✭✭
edited June 2022 in Before you Buy
Not thinking of buying...have used Quicken for decades. Rather, thinking about dropping back from Deluxe to Starter. My subscription runs out next month. What would I miss if I did that? I don't do budgeting or bill pay online via Quicken. Price going up, I'm getting older. How would the process work? Uninstall, then reinstall? Same dataset?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @drdively,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Please refer to our Product Selector page and scroll down to review and compare the features that are included with our Starter subscription.

In regard to how the process works; you would not need to uninstall/reinstall. The downgrade will be recognized based on your Quicken ID. Most users who have changed subscription models only need to close and reopen the program. However, if the change is still not recognized in the program after doing so, then we advise signing out and back in with your Quicken ID.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be aware that Quicken Starter doesn't support loans or investment accounts. It also goes to Read Only if your subscription expires. I would suggest staying with Quicken Deluxe.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.