New Paypal EWC+ not working.

MrZipp
MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
I tried to deactivate the OLD account version of Paypal, following instructions, perhaps incorrectly by Deactivating and reactivating. I made sure it was linked to my existing Payfile file. All seemed to go find, except all transactions for 2022 are missing and the balance is zero.

I successfully restored the file, but I'm wondering what to do for this to work. I also have a second (spouse's) Paypal file that will need to be updated, I guess.

OR - should I just leave the OLD named version as is and will it continue to work?

Any help for this?

MrZipp

Answers

• ProfQuill
    ProfQuill Member ✭✭✭
    Oh for pity's sake.  There's a long-running thread about ZZZ-PayPal OLD, but the topic has been CLOSED so we can't add any further insight. 

Other than the odd name, everything had been working other than my online balance being reported as zero.  Today I got the prompt to reauthorize PayPal, let it do it, with no errors, but instead of updating my existing account, it created a NEW one with a lengthy name, and downloaded 84 days worth of transactions [74 entries in my case]. So now I am left with 2 PayPal accounts and not sure what to do. 

I could copy & paste the existing ones from my 'old' account, but there are nearly 4000 transactions to copy, but it does look like I can select a bunch at a time. 4000 though?  I surely will make another backup before I dig into this, but I'd like to see if there are better suggestions to handle this. Does Quicken have a way to merge accounts?  After I delete all but the last few downloaded transactions that would be new. 

• bigby65@
    bigby65@ Member ✭✭✭
    > @ProfQuill said:
    > Oh for pity's sake.  There's a long-running thread about ZZZ-PayPal OLD, but the topic has been CLOSED so we can't add any further insight. 
    >
    > Other than the odd name, everything had been working other than my online balance being reported as zero.  Today I got the prompt to reauthorize PayPal, let it do it, with no errors, but instead of updating my existing account, it created a NEW one with a lengthy name, and downloaded 84 days worth of transactions [74 entries in my case]. So now I am left with 2 PayPal accounts and not sure what to do. 
    >
    > I could copy & paste the existing ones from my 'old' account, but there are nearly 4000 transactions to copy, but it does look like I can select a bunch at a time. 4000 though?  I surely will make another backup before I dig into this, but I'd like to see if there are better suggestions to handle this. Does Quicken have a way to merge accounts?  After I delete all but the last few downloaded transactions that would be new. 
    >
    >   

I'm not even getting the prompt. And rather than give us an update on what they're doing to attempt to fix the problem, they CLOSE THE DISCUSSION?!?!? Not exactly an encouraging sign.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, though I apologize for any trouble you are experiencing with the PayPal transition.

I believe this post here is the one you are referring to that was closed. This discussion thread was closed in error and I went ahead and reopened it. I will also follow up with the moderator that closed it. 

Please continue to report PayPal issues in that thread as our teams have opened a ticket regarding issues with PayPal and are using that thread to monitor any emerging issues.

Apologies for any inconvenience and frustration this caused! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your help. But what do I do? As I said, I tried to reactivate and my old account was still there with $0. I had linked by my existing account. I couldn't find any new, additional Paypal accounts. Hopefully, I won't have to copy/merge somehow all of my history.

MrZipp
  • Quicken Anja
    edited May 2022
    @MrZipp our teams are trying to gather as many logs as possible, especially Sync Logs, to document and investigate all the issues that users are encountering while trying to go through the transition with PayPal.

Please refer to the comment provided by Quicken Kathryn that can be found here in the larger PayPal thread for instructions on how to submit.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Anja. I did go to the link by Kathryn and will respond there. I am quite concerned that this ongoing (Schwab and others, and now Paypal, etc.) are placing a big burden on the users to correct issues that really should have thoroughly tested before rolling them out.

As a retired IT Director, and later owner of an IT company, I feel changes are being rushed out and that users are being forced into gruesome, difficult and extremely time consuming challenges simply to keep our investment in the Quicken files we have all tended running and accurate.

I am not singling out anyone, and am impressed with the info that both you and Kathryn supply. But, I am assuming here, most users are caught off guard when big changes are coming, and have no time to prepare, and additionally, might not have the time to jump through hoops like Start Firefox in Safe Mode, or Change Browsers, or where is my Paypal file? Why do the users have to be troubleshooters?

If my comments might be useful to your Dev time, please pass them on. I assume we'll get through this, but I am not feeling empathy for the larger Quicken Community of users that I felt for the past 25 years.

Thanks for listening.

You are awesome!

MrZipp
  • Quicken Anja
    @MrZipp I sincerely apologize for any frustration you have experienced so far. I understand things may not have been working smoothly as desired, though I assure you that our teams are working towards improving that every day, especially each time there are new changes and transitions that occur.

Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated, and I will be sure to pass this along! 

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.