Why did I get a text on login that had a phone number that is not mine?

Options
Bob MacDonald
Bob MacDonald Member ✭✭
I recently updated and had to login though it was not needed for local work. Eventually I logged in successfully. I received an expected text for two-factor id on password change. Then sometime later I received another text with an incorrect phone number. I deleted it - suspected phishing.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Bob MacDonald .  Does this Support Article explain what you saw?: https://www.quicken.com/support/why-am-i-being-asked-verify-my-email-or-phone-number.  Scroll down about 1/2-way and it shows a text message with a phone number that Quicken texts come from...it is not a request to call that number.  It was a point of confusion regarding possible spoofing/spam for many Quicken users last Oct/Nov but it is not spoofing/spamming.  I have not seen anyone posting about it lately until now.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Bob MacDonald,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and reporting your suspicion.

If you don't mind, we ask that you please send as much information about this as possible to the following email address: spoof@quicken.com. This will allow the proper channels to look into this and investigate further.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Bob MacDonald
    Bob MacDonald Member ✭✭
    Options
    The sequence above is all I have. I did not keep the text message
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Bob MacDonald .  Does this Support Article explain what you saw?: https://www.quicken.com/support/why-am-i-being-asked-verify-my-email-or-phone-number.  Scroll down about 1/2-way and it shows a text message with a phone number that Quicken texts come from...it is not a request to call that number.  It was a point of confusion regarding possible spoofing/spam for many Quicken users last Oct/Nov but it is not spoofing/spamming.  I have not seen anyone posting about it lately until now.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If that happens again, please do remember to "collect the evidence". Keep the suspect message and/or grab an image snapshot of what's on your screen. Smartphones have a special keystroke sequence or button combination you can press to grab a screen snapshot and save it to an image file (on my Samsung you press both volume-down and power buttons at the same time).
This discussion has been closed.