Freedom Mortgage

Options
CarlKerc
CarlKerc Member ✭✭
Freedom Mortgage still not allowing downloads even though listed on Quicken's list of banks. This has been going on close to a year now.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @CarlKerc,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue, though we apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Unfortunately, Freedom Mortgage has deployed a new type of MFA that does not support 3rd-party aggregation (such as Quicken) which is what's causing this issue. 

We advise reaching out to Freedom Mortgage for more information.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I repeat my earlier recommendation, already posted in your previous discussion:
    Run the mortgage account as an offline (manual) account and use the Scheduled Reminder to correctly record principal, interest and escrow payments as transfer from your checking account.
    Automate the process by authorizing the mortgage company to deduct the monthly payment from your checking account every month. Let them do the work of collecting the money on time.
  • cbaytech
    cbaytech Member
    Options
    Funny thing....my online update for Freedom Mortgage with 4 other finance companies works just great and it is 2FA. It's these kinds of problems that send us looking for alternatives to Quicken. Does Quicken use Plaid like most any other application that wants to sync with bank data? How about Fincity, MX or Yodlee? Since Freedom Mortgage is working with other programs it would seem this issue is on the Quicken side.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cbaytech said:
    Funny thing....my online update for Freedom Mortgage with 4 other finance companies works just great and it is 2FA. It's these kinds of problems that send us looking for alternatives to Quicken. Does Quicken use Plaid like most any other application that wants to sync with bank data? How about Fincity, MX or Yodlee? Since Freedom Mortgage is working with other programs it would seem this issue is on the Quicken side.
    Quicken uses Intuit: https://www.intuit.com/partners/fdp/implementation-support/ofx/
  • CarlKerc
    CarlKerc Member ✭✭
    Options
    Doing a manual update of Freedom Mortgage kind of defeats the whole purpose of the "download transaction" features. I might as well use a spreadsheet. Not a huge deal breaker but Quicken should take Freedom Mortgage off their list of "cooperating financial institutions" because there is no cooperation. Two factor verification is quite common now days.
This discussion has been closed.