Undo or reverse "Update 401k holdings" transaction

Strider74
Strider74 Member ✭✭
Is there a way to undo or reverse a "Update 401k holdings" transaction? I would like to redo the transaction for the quarter ending 12/31/2021 for a 403(b) account.

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Strider74,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Unfortunately, there is not a specific "undo" or "reverse" option. Instead, to revert back, we would recommend restoring a backup file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Yes, the other option would be to delete and manually re-enter, though I would advise saving a backup first if you decide to take this route (just in case).

Also, please be advised that any deleted downloaded transactions will not re-download.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Strider74,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Unfortunately, there is not a specific "undo" or "reverse" option. Instead, to revert back, we would recommend restoring a backup file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• Strider74
    Strider74 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the quick response. Not what I wanted to hear, but not surprising. I have completed several transactions in many accounts since my screwup, so I'm not excited about a restore. If I manually delete the transactions including the Placeholders, and then manually re-entered my fourth quarter data, can I go on with the "Update 401k holdings" transaction beginning in the first quarter of 2022?
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Yes, the other option would be to delete and manually re-enter, though I would advise saving a backup first if you decide to take this route (just in case).

Also, please be advised that any deleted downloaded transactions will not re-download.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• Strider74
    Strider74 Member ✭✭
    I understand. Thank you for your assistance!
  • Quicken Anja
    You're welcome!

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.