Getting a "there are no uncleared items to reconcile quicken" message with BOA

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Getting a "there are no uncleared items to reconcile quicken" message..

Comments

• snydermws
    snydermws Member ✭✭
    Options
    This is still happening with my BofA accounts. Today when I started Quicken, an update downloaded and installed. Now I'm having the same issue with my CitiBank credit card account. I've been using Quicken for years, always reconciling to the online balance and never ran across this issue before. It would seem very coincidental that both BofA and CitiBank would pass inaccurate balance data.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    snydermws said:
    This is still happening with my BofA accounts. Today when I started Quicken, an update downloaded and installed. Now I'm having the same issue with my CitiBank credit card account. I've been using Quicken for years, always reconciling to the online balance and never ran across this issue before. It would seem very coincidental that both BofA and CitiBank would pass inaccurate balance data.
    As the Online Balance appears to be unreliable, I suggest you reconcile using a statement obtained from the financial institution: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab, uncheck Reconcile using online balance, select OK, and press Ctrl + R
  • snydermws
    snydermws Member ✭✭
    Options
    I figured out how to make the BofA checking account work. First, I compare the online versus the Quicken balance, prior to downloading the data. If the balances don't agree, I find Items in my register that have not cleared the bank and assign a future date to them. This makes the online and Quicken balances agree. After downloading and accepting transactions, I'm able to reconcile using the online balance once again. I didn't have to do this prior to the Quicken update.

However, this is not the case with the CitiBank credit card account. I downloaded the transactions, checked each one against my receipts, and accepted them into the register. The Quicken balance then agreed with the online balance. I attempted to reconcile and got the same message "there are no uncleared items to reconcile".
  • snydermws
    snydermws Member ✭✭
    Options
    Next I tried unclearing all of the cleared items that downloaded from the CitiBank card account and attempted to reconcile. I got the same message.
  • snydermws
    snydermws Member ✭✭
    Options
    Today I deactivated the CitiBank card account and reactivated it. Reconcile is working again. I did the same for the BofA accounts, but there were no new transactions to reconcile yet (I had downloaded just yesterday). I'll try the BofA accounts next week.
  • snydermws
    snydermws Member ✭✭
    Options
    Did another update of the BofA accounts just now and had one transaction each. I accepted the transactions, hit done, then reconcile. It worked!!!
  • snydermws
    snydermws Member ✭✭
    Options
    Citibank still says there are no uncleared transactions. The quicken balance is the same as the balance shown on the Citibank website. I tried resetting my Quicken Citibank card account but still have the same issue. The account settings are "reconcile using the online balance". Connection method is express web connect.
  • snydermws
    snydermws Member ✭✭
    Options
    Today, Quicken does not download any transactions from my Citibank card account. I deactivated and reactivated again (this is the second time I've tried this). When the reactivation finished, I got a message that it downloaded transactions from the last 965 days!! However, the register shows no new transactions were downloaded, but the register balance now equals the online balance even though transactions from 4/1 through 4/4 never came into the register from the Citibank account!! How could that be possible? I'm at a loss as to how to get this fixed.
  • snydermws
    snydermws Member ✭✭
    Options
    Since the Citibank register download did not bring in the new transactions, I exported them to a QFX file and imported them to Quicken. Now the register balance does not equal the online balance. The register balance is greater than the Citibank account balance by the exact total of the imported transactions. This is the same issue I continue to have. I have once again made a manual balance adjustment so that my register agrees with the online balance.
  • snydermws
    snydermws Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tried again to download new transactions to my Citibank card account with One Step Update. No transactions were downloaded. I tried an account "reset" but still could not get transactions to download. Once again, after importing the QFX file, Quicken reconcile screen says the cleared balance exactly exceeds the total of the downloaded transactions. Had to again make a balance adjustment to agree with the Citibank account balance. Please find a way to fix this. Thanks.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    snydermws said:
    Tried again to download new transactions to my Citibank card account with One Step Update. No transactions were downloaded. I tried an account "reset" but still could not get transactions to download. Once again, after importing the QFX file, Quicken reconcile screen says the cleared balance exactly exceeds the total of the downloaded transactions. Had to again make a balance adjustment to agree with the Citibank account balance. Please find a way to fix this. Thanks.
    Hello @snydermws

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by this issue with account connections and updates. Thank you for keeping in contact with us about this problem. 

Currently, there is an Open Alert regarding CitiBank and account connection difficulties of the kind you are describing. You can follow the discussion thread linked here for updates regarding this situation and regarding additional details. 

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • snydermws
    snydermws Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the explanation and the link. FYI, today the download from Citibank still didn't work so I imported a QFX file again. To my amazement, after accepting the transactions, the Quicken register balance and the Citibank online balance agreed. I proceeded with reconciliation and it worked!! Thanks for working on the issue.
  • snydermws
    snydermws Member ✭✭
    Options
    Got an email from Quicken Community saying that Jared says the issue is resolved, however I still cannot download transactions from CitiCards into my credit card register via One Step Update. I still have to export to a QFX file and import to Quicken.
  • snydermws
    snydermws Member ✭✭
    Options
    Exported the QFX file today as I have the past few times. Got the data, but the balance in the Quicken register did not update properly. Had to record a balance adjustment to get it right.
  • snydermws
    snydermws Member ✭✭
    Options
    Download, registry entry and reconciliation all worked correctly today after I got a Quicken update!!!
This discussion has been closed.