R40.21 Problems [Edited]

TTSguy
TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
Well I took the leap downloading R40.21, and ended up with over 1,000 transactions wanting to reload again from my FI into my Quicken account registers. This happened this morning 5-21, when using Web Connect to update my accounts, after downloading R40.21 last night.

Though I have Sync turned off, I think it had something to do with the automatic Re-Sync Quicken does on it's own that users have no control over.  [Removed - Speculation]

I use absolutely nothing in Quicken except Web Connect and Reports, and this is STILL what happens! Just incredible to me!

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Please provide the full name of the financial institution and the connection method being used: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Online Services tab
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Web Connect doesn't send transactions to the Quicken Cloud dataset, it is Express Web Connect that does that.

The first thing I would check is the Downloaded Id.
    With that column on see if the original transaction and its duplicate have the same Downloaded Id.  If not, there is the problem, the financial institution changed the unique Id and as such is it new to Quicken.

NOTE that there are other possibilities too.  Like if they are identical, or if the old Downloaded Id is something "strange" then the data file might have gotten corrupted.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    I've concluded that this all came about after changing the QDF file name immediately after the 40.21 download. I keep coming up with things that I will not do with Quicken, my most recent is never change the file name. @Sherlock I stated in my original post that  I only use Web Connect.

I used my FI a half times yesterday with no issues, along with another 6 times today. My FI is the Premier Members Credit Union Originally the IBM Credit union that I have been using since 1967 without so much as one handful of minor issues. It's not a FI problem and if it is it's due to something Quicken has done since 2018!

I have absolutely no more things to stop using Quicken for, if problems persist, the only thing to do is go back to my paper checkbook register and save my money on 3 registrations!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    TTSguy said:
    I've concluded that this all came about after changing the QDF file name immediately after the 40.21 download. I keep coming up with things that I will not do with Quicken, my most recent is never change the file name. @Sherlock I stated in my original post that  I only use Web Connect.

I used my FI a half times yesterday with no issues, along with another 6 times today. My FI is the Premier Members Credit Union Originally the IBM Credit union that I have been using since 1967 without so much as one handful of minor issues. It's not a FI problem and if it is it's due to something Quicken has done since 2018!

I have absolutely no more things to stop using Quicken for, if problems persist, the only thing to do is go back to my paper checkbook register and save my money on 3 registrations!
    If you've been maintaining the account register using the Web Connect connection method, the implication is that the QFX file you downloaded from the financial institution contains over 1,000 transactions with different FITID than when they were originally imported.  Whenever the financial institution changes the algorithm for generating the FITID, we will initially import duplicate transactions which may be deleted.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTSguy said:

Hi @"TTSTTSguy

You are allow to change the name of your Quicken Data File.
    But, you haven't learn that it is okay to delete all log files, that were associated with the old name. After doing all this, you should run CCleaner Free's Cleaner and Registry Portion.

A dirty System as well as Windows Registry can cause problems. I have Acronis True Image and have Backup images to restore, in case of problems. So I learned that CCleaner Free does fix problems with Quicken.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    I know this, I've been a user since 2004. I have had nearly 10 times as may problems using Quicken since 2017, as I had from 2004 to 2017. The way I use it, its's more difficult to use, and a lot of the features have been changed, eliminated, and or screwed up that used to work fine!

Just today I was helping my wife with renaming rules, and she had the instruction about 4 times to understand how to use it to set it up properly to work. In 2017 it was a piece of cake to use and understand, and again was about 10 time better!

All I want is for the basics in Quicken to work without having a list of workarounds or checklists (as I mentioned in a previous post). New things are created, sync is needed, and I can't count the number Of times I've read that "you need to turn Sync off" to get Quicken to work properly, and splits have been an issue for years! There isn't a decent tip written anywhere in help or tips or instructions written well anywhere on how to even change the name of a QDF file. (it worked quite well until it was "changed to something better"), a few years ago. 2.5 million users at$70 a pop, the money doesn't appear to be going to development!
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    @thecreator I have CCleaner Pro and use it multiple times a day. Yes I can understand that it might help,
    however I'm back to my comments in my post, and I appreciate your post, but it's just another work around. Everything in Quicken needs a work around! I will use my CCleaner before and after Quicken from now on.
This discussion has been closed.