Register Colors / Windows 10 Themes

MSStateDawg
MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
Let me preface with the confession that, yes, I'm an idiot. I've changed something either in Quicken or in Windows 10 and I don't know what I've changed. I do know that I was piddling around in Windows Themes recently but that was just to change the color of title bars. Apparently, it did more than that.

As you can see in the screen capture, I've turned on "dim disabled windows". When I'm in a preferences dialog the different colors show up in the register in the background. However, when I'm viewing the register directly those different colors/shades don't show.

WHAT HAVE I DOOOONNNEEE???

Please help. Thx.

Best Answer

• MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I found the issue. I had turned up the contrast on my Dell Display Manager app for my Dell monitor. I would refer you back to my very first sentence in this thread. LOL

Answers

• @cris williams - do you happen to have the "Gray Reconciled Transactions" turned on?  I think this setting overrides whatever color you've chosen or the register.

• MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Damian said:
    @cris williams - do you happen to have the "Gray Reconciled Transactions" turned on?  I think this setting overrides whatever color you've chosen or the register.

I do. Cycling the setting had no effect other than changing the color of the reconciled transaction text.

• @Cris Williams - Do you use "Night light" in Windows?  That is another thing that affects colors in Quicken

• MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Damian said:
    @Cris Williams - Do you use "Night light" in Windows?  That is another thing that affects colors in Quicken

I don't. It's off.

• MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I found the issue. I had turned up the contrast on my Dell Display Manager app for my Dell monitor. I would refer you back to my very first sentence in this thread. LOL
  • LOL No worries.  Glad you solved the mystery.
This discussion has been closed.