Some Categories in Budget Not Synching (Mobile)

Marlonious
Marlonious Member ✭✭
The Monthly Budget tracker on the Mobile App does not synch properly. Most of the Categories are in synch, but there are two or three Categories that never synch up and always show "$0 out of $XX" (i.e. do not show any of the expenses in that Category even though there are expenses in those Categories in the QWIN Desktop version. I have tried everything but nothing seems to bring these Categories into synch with the rest.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Marlonious,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest resetting your cloud data from your Quicken desktop program and see if that may make a difference. However, before doing so, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). 

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, please follow the steps below to reset your cloud data.
    1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)
    2. On your desktop program go to Edit
    3. Preferences...
    4. Mobile & Web
    5. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data 
    6. On the following screen you can leave the preselected option for "No, just reset my Cloud data", type Yes in the entry field to confirm, and click Reset
    7. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    8. Navigate to the Mobile & Web dropdown menu 
    9. Select Cloud Sync to resync your data and to make sure no errors occur
    10. Wait for it to finish syncing 
    11. Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Marlonious
    Marlonious Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Jasmine - thank you for the steps. I followed them (I think I did do this before also) but unfortunately it was unsuccessful in changing anything. The same 2 or 3 Categories are still not being updated. All of the other Categories I have in the QWIN Desktop synch fine and get updated in the Mobile App with no issues, its just the same 2 or 3 ones that don't/won't.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Marlonious,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Since, unfortunately, the previous steps provided by @Quicken Jasmine have failed so far, next, I suggest you try manually resetting your cloud data by creating a test file and deleting your cloud account from that test file. After that, you would attempt to resync your main data file which should then create a new cloud account (this does not affect your data saved within that data file).

First, please sign out of your Mobile app, then proceed to save a backup on your desktop program (just in case). From there, create a new data file (click here to view instructions, and review the section titled: "Creating a new file"). Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Click Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#) (this is not a button, it is written in blue underneath the "Edit dataset name" button)
    5. Select the Cloud Account Name used for your main data file and click Delete
    6. Type Yes and click Delete

After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down and review the section titled: "How to alternate between multiple files"). 

Once your main file opens, resync your data by navigating to the Mobile & Web tab and clicking on the blue Get Started button, and then the blue Sync Now button. After that is done, go ahead and sign back into your Quicken Mobile app. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Marlonious
    Marlonious Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your response @Quicken Anja . I followed the steps, unfortunately, with no better results. The categories that were not synching are still not synching causing the My Budget report on mobile to not display the correct data / amount remaining as it does on the deck top. All other categories outside of those continue to synch correctly / accurately.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Marlonious

Thank you for attempting the previous troubleshooting steps provided by @Quicken Anja and I, though I do apologize that we have not reached a resolution yet. 

Due to this, We recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and utilize functions such as screenshare

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Marlonious
    Marlonious Member ✭✭
    Thanks @Quicken Jasmine ... before I do that... might it help if I was to delete quicken entirely from my desktop and reinstall?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    edited June 2022
    Hello @Marlonious

Of course, that is something that you are more than welcome to try. 

Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here. I do suggest saving a backup just in case!

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.