incomplete downloads of Vanguard transactions

Options
FFSF
FFSF Member
When I buy a security in my Vanguard account, Quicken doesn't download what security I've bought, the number of shares, or the per-share price – only that there's been a Buy and the total dollar amount of the transaction. I have to edit the transaction manually to add all the other details. This started happening in April and I can't connect it to any changes in software or settings on my laptop. Did something change in Quicken or on Vanguard's end?

Answers

• FFSF
    FFSF Member
    Options
    Here's a screenshot to show what I mean:
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @FFSF,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest creating a new (test) file first and try adding the account brand new to see if you receive the same result in the test file. If needed, please, review this support article for instructions on how to create a new file and how to switch back to your original file after.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• FFSF
    FFSF Member
    Options
    When I try to create a new test file, Quicken says that Vanguard only supports simple tracking, not detailed tracking. I see other people are having this issue, too. So this is now twice as complicated.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FFSF said:
    When I try to create a new test file, Quicken says that Vanguard only supports simple tracking, not detailed tracking. I see other people are having this issue, too. So this is now twice as complicated.
    Hello @FFSF,

Thank you for following up with us about this. I am sorry for the frustration this is causing.

Currently what Connection Type are you using to add or link your accounts to online banking services? You can check this anytime by selecting the affected Vanguard account(s) from the left-hand panel in the Quicken window then navigating to the Settings menu via the 'gear' icon in the lower right-hand corner of the screen, then navigate to the Downloads tab. The information we are seeking should be available here. 

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.