Downloads from DCU still broken

mszczesn
mszczesn Member
I have multiple DCU accounts I am trying to download. Most now work find, but when trying to add the last 2, it duplicates 2 others than are already linked. I've tried deleting the duplicates as well an unlinking them, but the same always re-occurs. 2 accounts are duplicated (with one failing and 1 updating), and the last 2 account I want to download never showing up.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    mszczesn said:
    I have multiple DCU accounts I am trying to download. Most now work find, but when trying to add the last 2, it duplicates 2 others than are already linked. I've tried deleting the duplicates as well an unlinking them, but the same always re-occurs. 2 accounts are duplicated (with one failing and 1 updating), and the last 2 account I want to download never showing up.
    Hello @mszczesn

I am sorry to hear about this issue with account connections continuing. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

When you attempt to link your accounts to online banking services, are you selecting the Link to an existing account option in the Add Account window when prompted, in the case where an account is available? Also, where is the current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show (Data File name will be displayed here) in Finder in the upper menu at the top of the screen when Quicken is open. It may be worthwhile to confirm that the account numbers listed are correct in the accounts that have linked successfully by navigating to the Settings menu via the 'gear' icon in the lower right-hand corner of the screen after selecting your account from the list in the left-hand panel of the Quicken window. The Account Number should be listed in the Downloads tab.

I look forward to discussing this further, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mszczesn
    mszczesn Member
    Hello Quicken Jared,
    Yes, I tried both linking to an existing account and creating a new account (different times). Both created duplicate links. I had to delete the account as unlinking 1 of the 2 doesn't work as both are linked (that is also a bug).
    The active file is located within a few subfolder of my documents folder. Is there a reason I need to check where the file is?
    The account number is probably the biggest problem as only the last 4 digits show, yet the difference in the account numbers is in the beginning, not the end, so they all show the same 4 digits and X out the numbers that are different. Is there a way to show the full account number?

Thanks,
    Mark
  • Quicken Jared
    mszczesn said:
    Hello Quicken Jared,
    Yes, I tried both linking to an existing account and creating a new account (different times). Both created duplicate links. I had to delete the account as unlinking 1 of the 2 doesn't work as both are linked (that is also a bug).
    The active file is located within a few subfolder of my documents folder. Is there a reason I need to check where the file is?
    The account number is probably the biggest problem as only the last 4 digits show, yet the difference in the account numbers is in the beginning, not the end, so they all show the same 4 digits and X out the numbers that are different. Is there a way to show the full account number?

Thanks,
    Mark
    Hello @mszczesn,       

I do apologize about this issue with duplicating accounts continuing. Thanks for answering my questions and bringing me additional information about what is happening.

I had wanted to ensure that the data file was being stored locally on your computer; it sounds as though this is the case, so this should not be an issue. Regarding the accounts that are being duplicated: are both the original accounts and the duplicates connected to online banking services? You can check this by selecting the accounts from the left-hand panel - one by one - and then navigating to the Settings menu by clicking on the 'gear' icon in the lower right-hand corner of the screen, then go to the Downloads tab. As long as there isn't a button that says Connect Account in the center of the window here, your account should be connected.

I look forward to hearing your response.  

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mszczesn
    mszczesn Member
    Yes, the duplicate accounts are all connected.
  • Quicken Jared
    mszczesn said:
    Yes, the duplicate accounts are all connected.
    Hello @mszczesn

I see, thank you for getting back to me with the answer to that question. I do apologize that this problem has continued for so long, and thanks for being so patient as we work on this.

Do you have any backups saved from just prior to when this issue emerged? We recommend saving backups often by navigating to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Provided that this has been done frequently, you should have a recent backup available for restoration by going to File > Restore from Backup... in the same upper menu mentioned previously. I want to know if these issues continue in the restored backup.

I hope to hear back from you, if you should have the chance to reach out to us about this, again. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mszczesn
    mszczesn Member
    The issue emerged when DCU updated to there new systems which is a couple months ago now. I don't want to lose all the data between then and now. Also, I have deleted the problem accounts from quicken and tried again a few times and always get the same result. How will going back to before DCU updated change anything?
  • Quicken Jared
    mszczesn said:
    The issue emerged when DCU updated to there new systems which is a couple months ago now. I don't want to lose all the data between then and now. Also, I have deleted the problem accounts from quicken and tried again a few times and always get the same result. How will going back to before DCU updated change anything?
    Hello @mszczesn

I appreciate you continuing to correspond with me about this. Again, I'm sorry for any frustration you have experienced because of this. 

Thank you for the information about possible server updates, that very well could be relevant. One other question that comes to mind: what Connection Type are you currently using to link or add your accounts to online banking services in Quicken? You can check this by selecting one of the affected accounts in the left-hand panel and then going to the Settings menu denoted by the 'gear' menu button mentioned previously, then navigating back to the Downloads tab in the window that appears. 

Our other option in this case would be to try creating a new data file and then importing transactions via QXF files. This would be accomplished by navigating to File > New... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open, then select New and Start from scratch in the window that follows. Click Next and then choose default settings based on the appropriate geographic location, and then click Next again. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile and Web then click Next. You would then import QXF files using the methods described in this Support Article.

I hope that is helpful, and I look forward to your reply. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• mszczesn
    mszczesn Member
    Hello Quicken Jared,
    The connection type is quicken connect for all my dcu connections.
    Where do I get the QFX files to import? DCU does not currently support creating them.
    Thanks,
    Mark
  • Quicken Jared
    edited June 2022
    mszczesn said:
    Hello Quicken Jared,
    The connection type is quicken connect for all my dcu connections.
    Where do I get the QFX files to import? DCU does not currently support creating them.
    Thanks,
    Mark
    Hello @mszczesn,     

I am grateful for the information about the Connection Type. Thank you for following up with me once more.

To be clear: QFX files are downloaded from your banking institution's online banking services and then imported into your accounts via the Web Connect type. QXF files - or Quicken Transfer Files - are files of a particular format that is used to transfer data between versions of Quicken. You can read more about these file types in the Support Article linked above, which I will provide again, here, for your convenience. 

Please refer to the last section titled "Importing/exporting a QXF file" in the article linked above for instructions.

Please note that creating a new data file and importing information via QXF will require you to reconnect all of your accounts that were linked to online banking services; I want to make sure that this is clear before you proceed.

I hope that is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mszczesn
    mszczesn Member
    Hello Quicken Jared,

I tried starting from scratch as you explained (via File->New). I created a new data file and tried to connect the first account to DCU. When connecting it listed a bunch of accounts and all were set up to be added. When I clicked the button to download all account (all created from the 1 connection) 3 had errors (download error -32 ACCOUNT_MISMATCH:169:SUCCESS). The rest of the accounts seemed to download ok, but I have not validated the info in any of them.

Mark
This discussion has been closed.