My Bank sends nearly all payees as "On-Line Payment"

Options
Ozzie1950
Ozzie1950 Member ✭✭
I can't seem to figure out how to get Quicken to memorize the Payee Name, that is included in the Memo field that is sent from the bank. About a year ago my Bank started sending 'On-Line Payment" as the payee - prior years they sent a payee name that was unique.

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Do you have a Renaming Rule for the Payee, and are Renaming Rules enabled? If Renaming Rules are enabled, Quicken will search the downloaded Payee and Memo fields to find text that matches that in the rule and change the Payee to the name of the rule.

Then if you have a memorized Payee with that name, it will use the information associated with that memorized payee.

Preferences for renaming rules are at Edit > Preferences > Downloaded transactions.
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Do you have a Renaming Rule for the Payee, and are Renaming Rules enabled? If Renaming Rules are enabled, Quicken will search the downloaded Payee and Memo fields to find text that matches that in the rule and change the Payee to the name of the rule.

Then if you have a memorized Payee with that name, it will use the information associated with that memorized payee.

Preferences for renaming rules are at Edit > Preferences > Downloaded transactions.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Ozzie1950
    Ozzie1950 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thx. I thought I did that, but probably incorrectly. I'll clean out all my renaming rules, and follow your suggestions. Thx again !!!!!
This discussion has been closed.