CITI CC-502 Error

Ppresident
Ppresident Member ✭✭
Anyone else continuing to get the CC-502 error when connecting with Citibank?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Ppresident,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to report this error, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available information and updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Ppresident,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to report this error, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available information and updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• slkaplan
    slkaplan Member ✭✭
    Same issue - since May 23rd
  • PJV
    PJV Member
    I have the same issue
  • steven
    steven Member
    Same issue - since 5/24
  • cgatwork
    cgatwork Member
    Same Issue
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    This has been going on since Mon 5/23. In my case, I've gotten a CC 502 every morning, but was then able to successfully connect every afternoon or evening. Give it a try later in the day and see what happens.
  • slkaplan
    slkaplan Member ✭✭
    I've tried throughout the day every day since 5/23 without success. I guess you were lucky (-; . I spoke with Quicken support this AM and they indicated that this is still an open alert and are working together with Citi to resolve. No ETA on fix....
  • ClaudiaTP
    ClaudiaTP Member ✭✭
    5/27/22 I received this error at approx. 1:40 pm today. I retried the update 2 more times and on the 3rd try it worked.
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    @slkaplan

5 straight days CC502 in the morning, success in the afternoon (just updated a few minutes ago). If that's luck, I'm going out to buy [Removed - Profanity] lottery tickets right now :)
  • slkaplan
    slkaplan Member ✭✭
    Go for it!!
  • harris48154
    harris48154 Member ✭✭✭
    May 28, Same error
  • Darren2@
    Darren2@ Unconfirmed ✭✭
    May 28th same error CC-502 when trying to connect to Citibank accounts.
  • slkaplan
    slkaplan Member ✭✭
    same ---5/28
  • stevemj3dguy
    stevemj3dguy Member ✭✭
    CC-502 Citibank ----------Why?
  • BobBallantyne
    BobBallantyne Member
    same ---5/28 :#
  • g.jose
    g.jose Member
    Same --- 5/28 --- please keep us informed... You could email customers experiencing the issue.
  • Ken Pho
    Ken Pho Member
    same here. please fix asap. very frustrating
  • Johnnie J
    Johnnie J Member
    Yes, I am still having the problem
  • Darren2@
    Darren2@ Unconfirmed ✭✭
    We all are.  Never any transparency on what the problem is.  Certainly a bigger problem for all of us than for the quicken support team.  Its also trickling into the credit accounts also.
  • Rookie77
    Rookie77 Member
    Same problem. I've tried solutions given by other support teams, nothing worked. VERY FRUSTRATING.If this isn't fixed soon I will be forced to use another software
  • Henry G Betts
    Henry G Betts Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello @Ppresident,
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to the Community to report this error, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.
    >
    > This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available information and updates.
    >
    > We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

It is May 31, and this CC-502 problem with Citi is still outstanding.
  • Henry G Betts
    Henry G Betts Member ✭✭
    It is May 31, and this CC-502 problem with Citi is still outstanding.
  • husslein
    husslein Member ✭✭
    It is June 1st, and this CC-502 problem with Citi remains outstanding. I have tried resetting the accounts and deactivating and reactivating online setup without resolution.
  • slkaplan
    slkaplan Member ✭✭
    same here
  • lorabell
    lorabell Member ✭✭
    This is still happening to me as well. Its been ongoing for many months. I feel that Quicken needs to convince CitiBank to jointly fix it on their end. Otherwise I may just cancel my Quicken Account. I am not happy. :-(
  • ADP
    ADP Member
    Here are the actions I took today and was able to download my citi transactions from May 12, 2022. I have no expectations this is a fix, only a painful work around.
    1. Quicken: Deactivate the CITI credit card account
    2. CITI website, search for third party data and look for the entry referencing the Data Management hub. Select Add Access button - this is active for 10 minutes... you will see a countdown
    3. Quicken (Within 10 minutes): Activate the account and run a download.
    I performed these steps twice, one cycle for each CITI credit card account.

Agree with a previous poster, CITI and QUICKEN need to work together on this issue to ensure satisfied customers.
  • Henry G Betts
    Henry G Betts Member ✭✭
    Coincidentally, I went to Citi profile settings, yesterday, and added access for Quicken to the profile under data management. I did this twice and the connection was restored. This morning, the connectivity worked flawlessly. Perhaps, the cc-502 connection error was repaired independent of my actions, but if you are still experiencing the error you may want to go to your Citi profile and add the Quicken access, again.
  • slkaplan
    slkaplan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    I've tried this a few time as well but without success.
    UPDATE: Tried again today and it still does not work. Multiple accounts, all deactivated. CC-502 when trying to reactivate while adding Desktop App Access in Citi.
    I also spoke with Tech support a Citi. They acknowledged there is a problem but said it would be resolved soon (?). Was on hold while they checked...call dropped. Frustrating.
  • mnem
    mnem Member ✭✭✭
    This has been going on for over 6 months. This is not brain surgery. Between Quicken and Citi, there must be some solution
  • bert shure
    bert shure Member ✭✭
    This is really painful.
    Does Quicken care about Quicken customers who have Citibank credit cards or bank accounts?
This discussion has been closed.