How do I fix a Security Acct with Security & Total value but no cash and no holdings

Options
My Quicken Deluxe, running on Windows 10 currently has a Schwab Investing account with Security 186K in both it's Securities Value and Total Market Value but no Cash Value and no holdings at all. I trying to add anything to the account fails.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @egv.stevens, 

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What version of Quicken are you running? What is the Connection Method with your Schwab investment account? What occurs when attempting to update the account or manually add transactions? Do you receive any error codes or messages? 

Looking forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @egv.stevens - Do you see an account register for your Schwab account?  If not, then I suspect you have set up the account for Simple Investing instead of Complete Investing.
    If I am correct, then you can correct this by going to the upper right of the account view:  Click on the Gear Icon > click on Edit Account Details > General tab > select "Complete - Positions and Transactions" > OK.  When done, the investment account register will be visible and you can enter transactions and view.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.