Renewal with new Quicken Purchase instead of from Quicken.com

gmbman824
gmbman824 Member
edited July 2022 in Before you Buy
Sam's Club sells Quicken Deluxe 1 year subscription for $39.86. Can I use that Activation Key to renew my current Quicken Deluxe subscription for another year?

Best Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes, as long as you're within 6 months of your subscription expiration date. Make sure it's not the New User version.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    That "new user" statement is real important.  If you use a Quicken Id that has a subscription (2018+) version registered against it, it will NOT activate.  You could use it against a brand new Quicken ID, but you would want to wait till the end of your existing subscription to do that.
    I would only buy it if I could see the actual box in person to make sure it didn't have "new user" in the very small print.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes, as long as you're within 6 months of your subscription expiration date. Make sure it's not the New User version.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    That "new user" statement is real important.  If you use a Quicken Id that has a subscription (2018+) version registered against it, it will NOT activate.  You could use it against a brand new Quicken ID, but you would want to wait till the end of your existing subscription to do that.
    I would only buy it if I could see the actual box in person to make sure it didn't have "new user" in the very small print.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022
    @gmbman824 - that Quicken Deluxe at Sam's Club for 39.86 is not a new user version, so I think you would be ok to use your existing Quicken ID.  As @greg_the_geek mentioned you need to wait until at least 6 months before your subscription expiration date before you enter in your Activation Key.  It will then just add another year on top of what you already have remaining on your current subscription.  (Just a heads up - Sam's Club usually puts Quicken on sale once a year for almost half off.)
This discussion has been closed.