Bank of America - You have no accounts ...

gbluhm
gbluhm Member ✭✭
I have a B of A credit card which Q has never had a problem with. In the last 2 weeks, Q has stopped connecting with the account. I've disconnected and tried to set up a new connection; I enter my login and password when asked, and am then requested to enter a code that the bank sends me. Upon entering that code, I get back an alert that says "You have no accounts at Bank of America - Quicken to activate." I've logged into the bank several times so I know I'm using the correct login and password. I've called both Q and the bank and have been tossed back and forth between them - each one telling me the problem lies with the other. The last time I talked to the bank, the woman asked "So the software is Quick End?". I asked to speak to another person and she transferred me to the claims department. Very frustrating. Has anyone seen this or have any ideas?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    gbluhm said:
    I have a B of A credit card which Q has never had a problem with. In the last 2 weeks, Q has stopped connecting with the account. I've disconnected and tried to set up a new connection; I enter my login and password when asked, and am then requested to enter a code that the bank sends me. Upon entering that code, I get back an alert that says "You have no accounts at Bank of America - Quicken to activate." I've logged into the bank several times so I know I'm using the correct login and password. I've called both Q and the bank and have been tossed back and forth between them - each one telling me the problem lies with the other. The last time I talked to the bank, the woman asked "So the software is Quick End?". I asked to speak to another person and she transferred me to the claims department. Very frustrating. Has anyone seen this or have any ideas?
    Hello @gbluhm

I am sorry to hear about these issues with accounts missing when you are attempting to move through the online banking services setup process. Thank you for inquiring about this on the Quicken Community.

In order to answer your question in further detail, I want to know if you are making use of the Add Account button denoted by the '+' in the upper left-hand corner of the screen when Quicken is open, or if you are going into the Settings menu and clicking Connect Account. This information will help me troubleshoot and attempt to reproduce this issue.

I look forward to hearing back from you with an answer, if you have a chance to check back in with us. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • gbluhm
    gbluhm Member ✭✭
    Hi Jared. I have done both with the same result.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    gbluhm said:
    Hi Jared. I have done both with the same result.
    Hello @gbluhm

I am sorry to hear that this is the case. Thank you for reaching out again and letting me know about the results of attempting connections with either method. 

In this case, I recommend saving a backup by going to File > Save a Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then create a new 'test' file by moving through the instructions below, in order:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch and click Next
    4. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location and click Next
    5. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web and click Next 
    You may then add your non-Charles Schwab affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file.

I hope to hear back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • gbluhm
    gbluhm Member ✭✭
    Very interesting. I'll give you the medium-length version. I did what you said above and tried to connect to one of my banks that Quicken could never connect to. Connected right away - no problem! Ok, then I tried BofA and got further than I had previously. Quicken seemed to recognize my account, but told me to log into BofA and it would ask for approval to allow Quicken. But when I logged into BofA, nothing. So I texted with someone from BofA who'd never heard of Quicken - the 2nd person I've talked to there who's never heard of it. She said she would have a manager contact me and that was the end of the conversation. So... I was delinquent in my payment, so I paid it online - I can't imagine that made the difference, but then: I tried connecting from Quicken again and it worked! Didn't even tell me to go to BofA's website. Phew. So success!! Now, can I merge this back into the database I just saved?
This discussion has been closed.