Odd Transaction Duplication Issue

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: My Split transactions are getting duplicated.

Comments

• mship43129
    mship43129 Member
    having similar issue when I add at transaction in one file it shows up in all my other files. If I delete the transaction it will delete in all files. How do I stop that from happening?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @mship43129,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To clarify; are the transactions getting added to different accounts within the same data file, or are they being added to different data files? 

If you don't mind, could you please provide a screenshot? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to add a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the "other files" Quicken data files which are copies of the Quicken data file which you currently use?
    For example, file A.QDF is the original file. You created copies of A.QDF as B.QDF and C.QDF. Files B and C were changed to meet your specific needs for these files. You add a transaction to file A. After One Step Update or running Sync, the new transaction also shows up in files B and C.
    Is that what's happening?
This discussion has been closed.