Future payments on credit cards have inconsistent status labels in checking account-Why?

tmholmes
tmholmes Member ✭✭
I am using Release R40.21 Quicken Home and Business. I pay several credit cards using the Online Center. I notice that, as to future payments (just days or a couple of weeks out) these payments in my checking account register sometimes show as "Uncleared" with a pencil icon, and other times as a "pencil icon only." Why the difference and what does it mean? :|

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest that you search Quicken "Help" for "Status column icons". Just hit the F1 key and then search for "Status column icons".  Here's a snip of "Help" for the pencil icons:

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    tmholmes said:
     my checking account register sometimes show as "Uncleared" with a pencil icon, and other times as a "pencil icon only." Why the difference and what does it mean? :|
    If this is in different accounts, then the difference might be how wide the Status column is.
    If the Status column is narrow, you will only see the icon.  If you widen it enough the text will then be shown.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/