Janney June 1st Quicken conversion

Hen
Hen Member ✭✭
I've deactivated Janney online services. I am now at the step to add back online services and the directions instruct me to enter Janney in the search field.
The search comes up blank!
After a week of sending popup notices that I better follow these instructions on June 1st, or else, no one added Janney to the list of online banking?

Best Answer

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓
    @Hen - If you just type in "Jann" it does come up.  If you type in more than that, it doesn't for some reason.

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓
    @Hen - If you just type in "Jann" it does come up.  If you type in more than that, it doesn't for some reason.
  • Hen
    Hen Member ✭✭
    I didn't think of that one. :) Problem #2 Janney wants me to create a new password for quicken and then it says it take 24 hours to go into effect. That seems to be true, as Quicken won't connect, but says it's not my fault.
  • I have never seen that requirement before.  Are you able to access your account online?  If so, I would see if they have any messages that might explain that stipulation.  There might be specific instructions on how to connect with Quicken.  Otherwise, I would call their support line.  That "It's not your fault" message is a generic message.  Also, I would be careful about trying the connection again as it might "reset" the 24 hour clock.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hen said:
    I didn't think of that one. :) Problem #2 Janney wants me to create a new password for quicken and then it says it take 24 hours to go into effect. That seems to be true, as Quicken won't connect, but says it's not my fault.
    Hello @Hen

I am sorry about this new problem with connecting accounts to online banking services. Thank you for continuing to speak with us about these issues.

Are you also seeing any CC-501 or CC-898 error messages alongside this text with the words 'It's not your fault?' Also, when did you notice this message, first? If this began today, I recommend waiting 24 hours or so to see if the problem resolves on its own. Let us know if these symptoms have been ongoing for more than a day or so. 

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to hear back from you. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Hen
    Hen Member ✭✭
    These are their directions. Will wait 24 hrs
  • @Hen I understand what's going on now.  The 24 hour wait message must be coming from your account's website.  Yes, I would wait the 24 hours.  After that, if you are still having issues, then there are troubleshooting steps you can try.
  • Hen
    Hen Member ✭✭
    Janney says the problem is on their end. When I click on the Janney - Quicken Direct connect option, all of my accounts that were visible are hidden. They said wait 24 hours and that did nothing, so they are kicking the problem upstairs.
  • Dave Anderer
    Dave Anderer Member ✭✭✭
    I'm seeing something a bit different. For all my accounts, in both an existing Quicken file or a new/empty one:
  • @dave anderer  It looks like you are using Q Mac.  This is a thread for Q Win, so maybe that is why your error messages are different.
  • Dave Anderer
    Dave Anderer Member ✭✭✭
    > @Damian said:
    > @dave anderer  It looks like you are using Q Mac.  This is a thread for Q Win, so maybe that is why your error messages are different.

Yup, quite. Sorry.
  • No worries.  It seems like both Q Mac and Q Win users are having issues.  It seems like Janney has acknowledged the issue could be on their end and per @hen, they are escalating the issue, which hopefully means they are working on a resolution.
  • Hen
    Hen Member ✭✭
    I have Windoze, just to be clear. Nothing has happened over the weekend on the Janney website, so it looks like it is on hold until Monday.
    I use Quicken for 2 other accounts and their transition was seamless.
This discussion has been closed.