Quicken changed a checking account in to a brokerage account? (Q Mac)

whitepd47
whitepd47 Member ✭✭
Quicken Deluxe 6.7.1
When downloading transactions yesterday, for whatever reason Quicken moved a long standing checking account to a brokerage account. This deleted several years of categorized transactions. I could delete this new brokerage account and add a new checking account under banking but it would download years of unreconciled transactions. Does anyone know how to fix this and restore the missing transactions?

If I can't depend on Quicken to work as advertised, can anyone recommend an alternative program for the Mac? Thank you

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Peter

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

First, I suggest restoring from a backup that was created before your checking account was moved to a brokerage account. You can follow this link for more information regarding restoring from backups. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. 

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• whitepd47
    whitepd47 Member ✭✭
    Thank you- I'll do this and let you know if it resolves my issue.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Peter

Of course, I am happy to help, I hope this assists you in reaching a resolution!

Looking forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• whitepd47
    whitepd47 Member ✭✭
    This did not work. I restored a BU from 6/1 and it still showed the checking as a brokerage account. Any other thoughts?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look for a slightly older backup ... and keep looking until you find one that doesn't exhibit the issue.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• whitepd47
    whitepd47 Member ✭✭
    Mac- Deluxe 6.7.1
    Very disappointed in Quicken. While the Mac version has been much improved over the last 2-years, there have been major yearly issues with the software. Last year something happened and I lost all previously categorized transactions with a banking account. This year when downloading transactions last week it moved a checking account to a brokerage account. I had to delete this and create a new checking account and once again lost all multi-year categorized transactions. Having to pay for software that continues to have major yearly issues is unacceptable.
    Currently searching for a Quicken replacement.
  • whitepd47
    whitepd47 Member ✭✭
    I spent maybe an hour yesterday with a Quicken tech support rep. He was aware of my issue (changing checking account to a brokerage account) once before. He was able to fix the issue- he wasn't sure what caused the issue. Very helpful. A sincere Thank you to tech support-
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Peter Thanks for posting to report your issue was resolved after spring time with Quicken Support. For anyone else who may run into this in the future, are you able to explain what the solution was? Or was whatever the tech support person did too complicated or confusing to describe?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.