CREDIT SCORE not updating

sjschmieg
sjschmieg Member ✭✭
Credit score will not update. It was working a week or so ago, but now after entering social security number the credit score returns "internal server error".

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @sjschmieg,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this problem, though I apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused you and for the delay in my response.

A bug report has been submitted for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Unfortunately, we won't have an ETA on this, however, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.

Thank you for bringing awareness to this issue!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @sjschmieg,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this problem, though I apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused you and for the delay in my response.

A bug report has been submitted for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Unfortunately, we won't have an ETA on this, however, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.

Thank you for bringing awareness to this issue!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• tcremer
    tcremer Member ✭✭
    This bug has been affecting me also for over a year and no solution/bug fix has been included yet. I've given up that Quicken will ever provide a solution.
  • Mick Mickle
    Mick Mickle Member ✭✭
    Yeah, Credit Score used to work, but it hasn't for over a year. Quicken needs to remove the Credit Score feature from all marketing and description of the product until it works consistently.

Clicking on Credit Score results in the "Enter SSN" window, then the "Error - Server not responding" window. Super Bug!
  • If you have a "Freeze" on your credit accounts with any of the three credit bureaus (Equifax, Transunion, Experian) any third party might have issues when trying to access your credit information.
  • sjschmieg
    sjschmieg Member ✭✭
    "Freeze" on the credit accounts has been active for over a year, yet credit score has updated properly every 3 months until now.
  • Mick Mickle
    Mick Mickle Member ✭✭
    Effects of a Freeze on credit may be an interesting topic, but it's a red herring with regards to this bug.
  • davidmarketing
    davidmarketing Member ✭✭✭
    Mine hasn't worked since they had that Quicken Update problem with the paycheck wizard which was around February 2022.

I have called and submitted error reports. I don't know what the issue can be because it was working fine since they launched the feature in 2016.
  • sucks
    sucks Member
    Any update on when this issue will be fixed?
  • davidmarketing
    The feature doesn't work. "Quicken Credit Score and Monitoring Services" should be removed from the product and all marketing.
  • Jim Hurwitz
    Jim Hurwitz Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    My credit score feature is also not working.  It shows in my accounts column as "Credit Score  0" with the double arrows indicating it wants me to update it.  When I do, it asks for my SSN, which I enter.  I then get:
    " Error - Server not responding 
    Server error
    There has been as internal server with the page you have requested or the server is not responding. 
    Please try later."
    Help? 
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    My credit score feature is also not working.  It shows in my accounts column as "Credit Score  0" with the double arrows indicating it wants me to update it.  When I do, it asks for my SSN, which I enter.  I then get:
    " Error - Server not responding 
    Server error
    There has been as internal server with the page you have requested or the server is not responding. 
    Please try later."
    Help? 
    Hello @Jim Hurwitz", 

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by this issue with credit scores not updating. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, follow the instructions provided below, in order:
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Select Preferences
    3. Click Mobile & Web
    4. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data (see below)
    I am eager to learn how this works for you, if you have the chance to check back in with us about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared
  • sjschmieg
    sjschmieg Member ✭✭
    This did not fix the problem.
  • davidmarketing
    I did this months ago and it didn't help - all it did was download a bunch of old transactions so I don't want to test it again.  It's a problem with Quicken's servers.  I just feel it's low on Quicken's priority list and they don't address it.  It started with the broken "paycheck wizard" update.

David
  • Jim Hurwitz
    Jim Hurwitz Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken Jared: I followed your instructions, but it didn't help.  As many members of our community (sjschmieg, davidmarketing, Mick Mickle, sucks, and many others) have all written, this failure does not appear to be a problem with the end-users' data, but a problem internally with Quicken itself (servers? software bug? something else?).  Please check in with your engineering team and let us know when this will be resolved!   In the meantime, I'd like to suggest that suggestions for procedures that have been proven to be ineffective might be curtailed.  It makes our experience with Quicken unpleasant.  Thank you.  
  • davidmarketing
    I agree @Jim_Harman.  This feature worked for about 6 years and then broke in February 2022.  I think Quicken should either fix the feature or remove it.  But a broken feature is a bad experience.
  • Mick Mickle
    Mick Mickle Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello @sjschmieg,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this problem, though I apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused you and for the delay in my response.
    >
    > A bug report has been submitted for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Unfortunately, we won't have an ETA on this, however, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.
    >
    > Thank you for bringing awareness to this issue!

--------------------------------
    Please tell us where we can see the status of unresolved Bugs/Issues and their report numbers so we can keep apprised of what's being done to fix this problem. Thanks!
  • davidmarketing
    Hello @""Mick Mickle".  I contacted customer service and submitted this issue during February 2022 and there has been no update.  It's odd that a feature used to work and doesn't work anymore - it doesn't seem so difficult to resolve.  Or, remove from the software.
  • davidmarketing
    Is there any update?  I called customer support back in February and submitted "Report a problem" on 03/12/2022 and 03/17/2022.  It's been 7 months since the problem started.  Thanks.
  • kookykrazee
    kookykrazee Member ✭✭
    What is the status of this bug? I have not been able to setup my credit score in quite a while due to the link saying internet unavailable even though I have full internet. This is most definitely something on Quicken server side!
  • davidmarketing
    Hello @Quicken Anja, what is the status?  This problem has been since February so 8 months. 

It worked since 2016 so it seems like it shouldn't be difficult to fix or remove from the software.
  • Mick Mickle
    Mick Mickle Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    [Removed - Speculation] 
  • Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Quicken Anja, what is the status?  This problem has been since February so 8 months. 

It worked since 2016 so it seems like it shouldn't be difficult to fix or remove from the software.
    supposedly fixed as reported by Quicken moderators, but still buggy on my program, did not correct itself in recent credit score update which was after teh Aug 3 "correction" as reported by Quicken.  so another 3 months of waiting.  TBH, they should simply remove this feature since they can't report correctly and every CC / FI website I go where I have accounts is reporting FICO score correctly (correct credit utilization score in that they don't combine mortgages with CC debt).  so it has become laughable IMO.
  • davidmarketing
    @Beijing Mac I agree.  I have been a Quicken user since 1995 so I am a fan.  I am in marketing and think features should work if you are going to market them / offer them.  Products should work.  Also, every credit card I believe provides this # for free so it seems like it's an easy fix.
  • Mick Mickle
    Mick Mickle Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    I fully agree that the non-functioning "Credit Score" feature should be removed from the interface. The error message window, which states in three places that there's a server error on the page requested, continues to this day (attachment).

Quicken moderators have commented on this issue in this thread only in May and July of 2022. In May, we were told "A bug report has been submitted for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Unfortunately, we won't have an ETA on this, however, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release." This statement indicates that no status updates will be made available to the Quicken Community, but that someday, the non-functioning "Credit Score" feature may just start working after an update release.

In July, we were given some potential troubleshooting steps, but user feedback stated those instructions did not fix the problem, and there's been no further Quicken moderator communication in this thread. Accordingly, this community forum does not appear to be a viable avenue for resolving this issue, which has existed for me before 2022. It also does not appear to be a source for status updates, and moderators have not shown us in this thread any other place to find the status of resolution. I will caution Quicken subscribers not to speculate about the reasons for not fixing the non-functioning Credit Score feature for so long while continuing to market the feature, or they may have their posts "[Removed - Speculation]" like my previous post.

[EDIT: I just saw in another Credit Score related thread that moderators have posted announcements when an issue has been reportedly resolved. So, announcement of resolution status could still be the future for this thread. Also, there are other fairly recent Credit Score threads in the community forum. Many of them are issues involving accuracy of the credit score content, but some threads reflect this same problem of Quicken not being able to retrieve a credit score at all. Threads regarding acceptance of SSN and Equifax as the provider of the credit score may be relevant.]
  • Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
    I fully agree that the non-functioning "Credit Score" feature should be removed from the interface. The error message window, which states in three places that there's a server error on the page requested, continues to this day (attachment).

please vote
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7922433/remove-credit-score-feature-from-quicken#latest

• Mick Mickle
    Mick Mickle Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Credit Score success!

I just went through a Quicken Support chat session with screen sharing which didn't fix the problem during the session. But after termination of the chat, I tried using a test file that the Support tech, Andrea, suggested. I created a new Quicken file with same Quicken ID and no accounts. When I clicked on the Credit Score tab and entered my SSN, I got the credit score instead of the usual server error.

My conclusion is that the problem is in the data file, even though I validate and repair every few months, just in case. (Now the challenge is to transfer everything to a new file without transferring the problem.)
  • Mick Mickle
    Mick Mickle Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    (Duplicate post)
  • Mick Mickle
    Mick Mickle Member ✭✭
    > @DocGer said:
    > I would sign out of your Quicken ID and then sign in again. I would also delete the Quicken Cloud account (everyone has one, whether you use the Cloud sync service or not). If you search here in this forum, there are instructions (a bit complicated for a novice) on how to completely delete your current Quicken Cloud account. That cloud account will be re-constructed with a new one when you re-start Quicken.
    >
    > A lot of users have found they can then access their Credit Score that way. There's something mucked up in the cloud account that prevents you from accessing that info...and recreating a new cloud account usually clears that problem.

Thanks for the tip to delete the cloud account. That sounds promising. I'll give it a try.

As for signing out and in, I signed in as different user with same Quicken ID, as recommended by moderators, numerous times with no effect.

At least, I know that a fresh data file works to get the credit score. It also shows that the source of the problem appears to be at the user end rather than the misleading "server" error message that indicates the problem is at the far end.
  • Mick Mickle
    Mick Mickle Member ✭✭
    > @DocGer said:
    > I would sign out of your Quicken ID and then sign in again. I would also delete the Quicken Cloud account (everyone has one, whether you use the Cloud sync service or not).

Apparently, "everyone has one" and "Quicken requires that at least one dataset is synced to the Cloud" (from instructions article in Community) is inaccurate. I removed my cloud data many years ago and have not been using Mobile & Web. So, there is no "Cloud Account Details" section under Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. The bottom half of the window under the Quicken Profile section is blank, both in my main data file and temporary test file.
This discussion has been closed.