ZZZ-Paypal Snoozing Away - Update Didn't Work . . . or did it?

Options
James J
James J Member ✭✭✭
I followed the instructions that appeared in Quicken when I attempted to update the paypal account.  This required me to log onto my Paypal account via my browser and I had to make a new password. 

Quicken gave me the double thumbs up.

But I still see a "ZZZ-PayPal OLD" error when I try to update Paypal and the error has a little button that says, "Reauthorize".  Clicking that brought me a Quicken screen that had me input my password vault's password for Quicken and again, Quicken gave me the double thumbs up . . .

And it gave me the same error:

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with ZZZ-Paypal OLD and clear the financial name on the General tab.  After you have you deactivated the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with ZZZ-Paypal OLD and cleared the financial name on the General tab, select Tools > Add Account...Paypal, and Next.  After you have authenticated, Quicken should provide the list of the accounts it obtained and allow you to link them to the appropriate existing registers. 

Note:  Quicken may initially import duplicate transactions which may be deleted.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with ZZZ-Paypal OLD and clear the financial name on the General tab.  After you have you deactivated the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with ZZZ-Paypal OLD and cleared the financial name on the General tab, select Tools > Add Account...Paypal, and Next.  After you have authenticated, Quicken should provide the list of the accounts it obtained and allow you to link them to the appropriate existing registers. 

Note:  Quicken may initially import duplicate transactions which may be deleted.

• James J
    James J Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @Sherlock I'll have to try that.  This account, thankfully, doesn't have a lot of activity so I didn't notice until I looked at it a few days after following the Quicken prompts: I now have two Paypal accounts with the same balance.  :|   Neither is updating.  The original account has all the transactions; the new account only has the starting balance as of . . . . today.  Which is weird, why today?  I did hit that "reauthorize" button today just now that's visible in my screen shot from above, after which Quicken gave me the ol' double thumbs up again, you know, with that Elon Musk smile?    Yeah.  Sure.  Thanks Quicken.

I'll link my on-line Paypal account to the Quicken account with all the transactions, then delete the Quicken paypal account with nothing but the starting balance.
  • James J
    James J Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Sherlock That worked.  I probably could have just done that from the start.  I guess Quicken had a good idea to try to make it seem a little less clunky for the user, but because the fancy steps in Quicken didn't work, it kind of just unnecessarily created some confusion.  All's well that ends well.
This discussion has been closed.