Weird Register vs Net Worth Report Issue

Options
rk911
rk911 Member
Been using Quicken for decades and have never encountered this before.

I just finished reconciling my checking account with the bank. When I was done I ran the canned 'Net Worth' report. The two numbers do not match. The register balance in the left column shows $X while the figure in the Net Worth report for the same account and date shows $Y. the two numbers are not even close. I have validated the file and it is good. I have loaded a backup copy of the file and it has the same error. ?????

Rich

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Could it be a difference of showing "Ending" (includes future) and "Current" (as of today) balances?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• nyweasels
    nyweasels Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same issue with reports that use "include all dates". My register balance is different than what is shown in the register.
  • geekpryde
    geekpryde Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same issue, pretty much word for word from the OP. Net Worth figures are wildly different depending on where you look. This is new problem as of the last few months.

I tracked it down to specific Bank accounts, where the NetWorth report / value shown on the homescreen says the account has say -$40,000, when in reality and the bank register, it has $1,000. So a few bank accounts like that, and Register (reality) vs. Network Report / Networth Widget, and you are off 6 figures.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All, Please check your very initial opening balance in the register of the account in question.  Does it appear to be wrong if you can compare it against your old statements?
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you use the Paycheck feature in Quicken you may have been hit by the paycheck corruption issue that started in March. This post covers that issue: 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7912649/paycheck-corruption-problem

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• geekpryde
    geekpryde Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @mshiggins said:
    > If you use the Paycheck feature in Quicken you may have been hit by the paycheck corruption issue that started in March. This post covers that issue: 
    >
    > https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7912649/paycheck-corruption-problem

Yup, that was it. I wrote a longer reply to your helpful link in another thread here.

For anyone having these issues, your only real hope is to restore all the way back to 3/1/2022.
This discussion has been closed.