Share data files via Quicken on Web - but restrict to just single data file ?

SMS2022
SMS2022 Member ✭✭
edited July 2022 in Using Quicken on the Web
I have a data file for rental property management. I co-own the rental property. I'd like to provide web access to the data file to my co-owners. When logged in with my Quicken ID, all my data files are accessible. How do I set it up so that my co-owners can view only our rental property management Quicken data file?

Comments

• SMS2022
    SMS2022 Member ✭✭
    Is it possible for me to setup a 2nd Quicken ID and link only the rental property data file to that new 2nd ID?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @SMS2022,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

If you wish to exclude certain data files from the Quicken on the Web app, then you would first need to open the data file(s) you wish to exclude in the desktop program first and navigate to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > use the toggle to turn Sync OFF.

By doing so, the data file will no longer be accessible from the Mobile and Web apps.

In regard to your second question about setting up a 2nd Quicken ID; while this is possible, we don't recommend it as it would also require you to pay for a 2nd subscription.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• SMS2022
    SMS2022 Member ✭✭
    So my choice is to either exclude all but one data file for access via mobile or web, or to buy a 2nd subscription with a new Quicken ID to use for the rental property data file.

It's unfortunate that it would require purchasing a 2nd subscription in order to share data with my co-owners. I hope Quicken has a look at this policy and makes a change one day.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @SMS2022 Thank you for your prompt response, though I apologize that the results are dissatisfying.

If you wish to submit an official request for a more suitable feature to be added in the future, what you can do is create an idea post. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    SMS2022 said:
    So my choice is to either exclude all but one data file for access via mobile or web, or to buy a 2nd subscription with a new Quicken ID to use for the rental property data file.

It's unfortunate that it would require purchasing a 2nd subscription in order to share data with my co-owners. I hope Quicken has a look at this policy and makes a change one day.
    @SMS2022 ,
    Reading @Quicken Anja 's first response, it does not appear that you need to exclude ALL.  My interpretation of her response is that you should exclude your personal data file from the Web (Sync=Off), and include the business data file to the Web (Sync=On).  I may be interpreting it wrong tho.  But I am very curious since I don't use Sync/Web, have you tried to see if that approach works?
    As an FYI, having two different Quicken IDs opens a whole set of challenges (or major inconvenience) if used on the same computer, making the subscription fee pale in comparison.  I had two IDs for a short period and know it from experience.  Unless you use two computers or a Virtual Machine VM (one for each ID).
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    You might consider creating a set of reports that convey the information you want to share and post those on a cloud drive rather than giving access to the Quicken Web app which would allow anyone logged on to make unwanted changes to the file.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    SMS2022 said:  How do I set it up so that my co-owners can view only our rental property management Quicken data file?
    As mentioned - with all the associated "connections", it is not possible to have it BOTH ways.
    A - if you turn OFF the other Personal files, then you will not be able to see them via QWeb or Mobile App.
    B - If you want to have ALL files avail for online access,
    then you need to setup a separate Quicken ID (and new email) for the property usage.
    [EDIT] - I had updated the topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.