PayPal Credit, MasterCard and Crypto - does not work, always gives an error

J. S.
J. S. Member ✭✭
I have a PayPal MasterCard and I'm trying to link it to Quicken using the "PayPal Credit, MasterCard and Crypto" account type. Unfortunately every time I try to do this, Quicken fails with the error:

"Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)"

I'm using Quicken R41.10 on Windows and this has been failing for at least a week or two now. I've also tried linking this account in a new, clean Quicken file and it still fails. Quicken's Sync log shows that it gets to the point where my accounts should be added right before the failure happens:

{"institutionLoginId":"xxxxxxxxxxx","mode":"DISCOVER_AND_ADD_ACCOUNTS","status":"OK","aggregators":[{"channel":"FDP_DEFAULT","cpId":"xxxxxxxxxxxx","aggStatus":"DISCOVERED_ACCOUNTS_READY_FOR_USER","isProcessing":false}]

Is there any way to fix this so I can import my PayPal MasterCard transactions into Quicken? If I use the regular PayPal account type then I'm able to establish the link correctly, but that account type only shows transactions through my PayPal Wallet and does not include the transactions from my PayPal MasterCard.

Thanks!

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @J. S.,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are also experiencing this error. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Paypal account(s) to see if it produces the same error message. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• J. S.
    J. S. Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the quick response Jasmine. I tried that and it did not work - I get the exact same error when I try to link the account.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @J. S.,

Thank you for attempting the test file and for uploading a screenshot of the error that you are receiving.

First, can you please refresh your account following the instructions provided: 
    1. Open the transaction register for the account with the error message
    2. Click the Actions Gear Icon on the upper right of the register, and select Update Now 

Next, can you please navigate to Help > Report a Problem and send your information logs over to Quicken so we may look further into the error that you are receiving? 

Please let me know once you have done this!

-Quicken Jasmine

• J. S.
    J. S. Member ✭✭
    There isn't anything to refresh, because I receive the error when I try to add the account. Since I'm not able to add the account, there is no register or refresh button.

I have sent a problem report, please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!
  • J. S.
    J. S. Member ✭✭
    Any updates on this?
  • J. S.
    J. S. Member ✭✭
    This is still broken.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @ J. S.,

We wanted to reach out in regard to your current issue with Paypal, We are aware that you contacted our phone support, and just wanted to touch base on if you were able to get an escalation processed or if there is anything additional that we may be able to do for you today.

We appreciate your patience and hope you have a wonderful day!

-Quicken Jasmine

• J. S.
    J. S. Member ✭✭
    Yes, I just finished talking to your support and they have opened a ticket for this. So this is not resolved yet, but it sounds like it's being worked on. Thanks!
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @J. S.,

You are very welcome!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

• J. S.
    J. S. Member ✭✭
    Quicken Support responded to me today and let me know that this is fixed, but it isn't fixed - I still get exactly the same error as before and the connection log shows exactly the same entries as before. I spent 2 hours talking to Quicken Support last time and I don't have time to go through that again, so I guess I'll just have to enter things manually :(
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @J.S., 

Thank you for coming back to update us on the situation. 

My internal systems are showing that this issue has been escalated and that they are currently working towards a resolution, however, there is no current ETA. You could potentially receive an email from our escalations team when this issue is resolved if they feel it necessary to reach out. 

I hope this clears things up!

-Quicken Jasmine

• buzzard192
    buzzard192 Member ✭✭
    J.S. - if you do receive a message when it is resolved, could you post here to let us know? I am experiencing the same issue as you.

Thanks!
  • raisleger
    raisleger Member ✭✭
    I am adding myself to this thread because I am experiencing the same problem that @J. S. has reported.
  • parent77
    parent77 Member
    I have a similar issue. I am using Quicken Deluxe Version 6.8.2 (Build 608.44865.100) on a MacBook Pro, macOS 12.4. I have 3 separate PayPal accounts {PayPal Bank/Cash - PayPal Credit - PayPal Mastercard}. I get downloads to my PayPal Credit account only. I can't add the separate accounts to Quicken. When I try to add an account, either from the "PayPal" or "PayPal Credit, MasterCard and Crypto" bank options, there is only one account to link to. Since I have 3 separate accounts I would think there should be 3 accounts shown to link to.
  • artsgirl
    artsgirl Member ✭✭
    I too am having the exact same issue, and have been for at least a month. I also would like to know when this is resolved.
  • mvigil514
    mvigil514 Member
    Following.
  • go18go
    go18go Member
    Same issue. New file, can add PayPal cash just fine but PayPal credit fails every time. Error occurred, no number or code.
  • ElanaElyce
    ElanaElyce Member ✭✭
    Today I was able to reconnect my Paypal Credit card as it had previously been. No brouhaha.
This discussion has been closed.