Is it possible to plot the time series price of an individual security? (Q Mac)

DrB
DrB Member
edited July 2022 in Investing (Mac)
This was simple to do in QM2007 but I can't figure out how to plot the price history of an individual security. I liked the QM2007 ability to click on a share in the holdings window and bring up such a time series. It also showed when I bought and sold shares.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    That functionality hasn't made it over to current Quicken Mac yet. You might better off using any of the number of internet price engines, such as https://finance.yahoo.com/lookup/

Only workaround I can think of within QMac is to do a search in your Investing register for the one security. Then export that to Excel or Numbers and use that app to create a chart of the price history. If you have good Excel/Numbers skills, you could probably create markers for transactions on the chart too.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • DrB
    DrB Member
    Thanks, RickO. I ws aware of these alternative approaches. I was just hoping to avoid all the cutting/pasting and involving other software to recreate functionality that used to exist. It would be nice to be able to plot more than one security at a time as well to facilitate comparisons.
This discussion has been closed.