Fashion Trends!!

Quicken Jasmine
Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
edited February 2023 in The Water Cooler
I hope you all are having a wonderful and fantastic Tuesday! 

Lets discuss some fashion choices for this month's icebreaker! If you could bring back any fashion trend, what would it be? 

Mine would HAVE to be parachute pants! I have already been trying to bring this trend back for almost a decade, I own about 4 pairs and I call them my "swishy" pants. Comfort and Style rolled into one. It's HAMMER TIME!

What would you bring back? :)

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited June 2022
    I don't know that I would bring this trend back, but I remember being 14 years old in the early 2000s and feeling super duper cool for wearing a comically large belt around my waist with every outfit. Didn't matter if it was jeans and a T-shirt or a summer dress, the belt was always present.

Couldn't tell you the purpose of the belt though, because there most definitely was none beyond accessorizing considering it wasn't there to hold anything up. :lol:

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sperry Top-Sider boat shoes.  I wore them exclusively for years without socks and loved them.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• SternSteve
    SternSteve Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    [Removed-Off Topic]
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Every month there is an icebreaker topic.  It has nothing to do with Quicken.  It is a fun way get to know our individual personalities.  For example I recall that 70's was @Quicken Jasmine 's favorite decade for Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, etc.  @Quicken Jared liked the console games of the 90s and @Quicken Anja annoying her kids with 90's music.  Then there was one topic on users' avatars which was very funny I thought.

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    BK said:
    Every month there is an icebreaker topic.  It has nothing to do with Quicken.  It is a fun way get to know our individual personalities.  For example I recall that 70's was @Quicken Jasmine 's favorite decade for Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, etc.  @Quicken Jared liked the console games of the 90s and @Quicken Anja annoying her kids with 90's music.  Then there was one topic on users' avatars which was very funny I thought.
    @BK,

That's all true, and I know I usually find the Icebreaker conversations to be pretty memorable and enjoyable, personally. 

Actually, my preferred fashion trends would overlap with my favorite decade quite a bit, as I have a fondness for flannel and jeans, and I have a tendency to get rips and tears in my clothes, given how often I go for long bike rides. This seems suited to the early 90's, as much as my other tastes. 

Hope everyone has a great day!

Best wishes,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's one fashion trend that I absolutely abhor: Torn, shredded jeans.
    Why should I spend good money on jeans that come from the factory already in tatters?
    What's the use? Looks ugly, if you ask me. I wouldn't be caught dead in one of those things.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022
    @Ukr - back in the 70s, these torn, shredded jeans were in fashion (along with peace signs and flowers).  The difference was those jeans got that way "the real way".  Now you need to pay someone hundreds of dollars to make them look like you got them from a dumpster. 

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    @UKR , please try to explain that to my daughter!

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    It has nothing to do with what is practical.  They see someone that is their "fashion leader" wear it and they want to imitate it and fit in.  And certainly, they don't want to do any work to get it.

The torn clothing is just one of a hundred such fades.

A Hollywood star gets lazy and doesn't color her black roots, and is seen like that in public, and the next you know it is a trend.

A famous guy puts patches the elbows of his suite coat, and before you know it you can buy suite coats with the elbows already patched.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.