Unable to Launch Super Validate

Options
mrzookie
mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
Q Premier R40.21 Win 11 Home

I want to run super validate to see if I can clear up what might be a minor db corruption (odd listings keep showing up in my memorized payee list), but I can't launch it. I've used it in the past, but not in several months. When I do shift-ctrl and then check the validate box, nothing happens. I updated my laptop to WIN 11 a few months back and I'm thinking this may be an interface problem. Is there another way to launch SV?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You're a click too late ... to start Supervalidate
    1. Click on File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Click on Supervalidate File
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @UKR

You are correct - a click too late it was. Thanks for the clarification.
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Separate, but peripherally related question. Is it normal for SV to remove the db password? It did, and I had to reset it.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    mrzookie said:
    Separate, but peripherally related question. Is it normal for SV to remove the db password? It did, and I had to reset it.
    Yes, it is normal.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @mrzookie - During the super validate process, a pop-up box will ask you if you want to password protect the validated data file.  Just enter your password (twice) and then you won't have to add re-add it later.
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Damian

Yes, that did happen, although the language was unclear (it referred to "your NEW file"). I wasn't quite sure what it was asking, so I canceled the dialog. Thanks.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I know it is confusing.  I think I did the same thing the first time I ran a super validate.  The same dialog pop-up box appears when you do a "copy file".  In that case, a new file is created.  So there it makes sense.  What this tells me is that a part of a "copy file" process is probably invoked during a super validate.
This discussion has been closed.