"Reset" button bug in release version - R41.9

lagunajim
lagunajim Windows Beta Beta
Hi.  I want to report that the bright orange "Reset" button appears on the search line at the top of banking registers anytime I perform Reconcile on that register.

After the reconcile, if I leave that register for another and then return the Reset button is gone.  Of course I can also press the Reset button and it disappears.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I see the same thing.  I suggest that you also report this using: Help -> Report a problem.

It is strange though that you say yours is orange, my Reset button is green.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • lagunajim
    edited June 2022
    Hahaha I'm sorry - I am literally partially color-blind ;)

Will report the issue with the GREEN button via report a problem.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The release notes for R 41.xx state that there was a program change about the Reset button:
    • A Reset button will no longer appear when nothing is filtered.
    With that change in mind, do you still consider what you're seeing to be a bug?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    UKR said:
    The release notes for R 41.xx state that there was a program change about the Reset button:
    • A Reset button will no longer appear when nothing is filtered.
    With that change in mind, do you still consider what you're seeing to be a bug?
    Yes, it is a bug.

I understand perfectly what they are trying to do, but in some cases when the register is refreshed it isn't hiding the Reset button like they want.

The point is to show the Reset button only when it is needed.
    If nothing is being filtered there isn't any point to have the Reset button.
    The Reset button is used to change from "some filtering" to "no filtering".

Here is what it looks like when I go into the register:

This is correct, no filtering, no Reset button, which is correct.
    Do Ctrl+R and return.

Again, no filtering, but the Reset button is showing when it shouldn't be.

If you hit the Reset button or even go to another register and back the Reset button will now be hidden.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    P.S. it is a minor thing, just like the feature itself.  Someone must have pointed out that the Reset button is there even when it does nothing.  In past versions the Reset button is just always there.
    Signature:
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Chris_QPW said:
    P.S. it is a minor thing, just like the feature itself.  Someone must have pointed out that the Reset button is there even when it does nothing.  In past versions the Reset button is just always there.
    In R40.21, the Reset button is always there but is inactive (gray) unless we select a filter other than All Dates, Any Type, and All Transactions.  Setting a search text does not activate the Reset button but, when the Reset button is active, selecting the Reset button will clear the search text.

I would prefer the Reset button always be active as the Reset button was in the prior versions.  This is just another example of incompetence.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    If you hit the Reset button or even go to another register and back the Reset button will now be hidden.
    Even toggling the little triangle which shows/hides the filters hides the useless Reset button.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:

I would prefer the Reset button always be active as the Reset button was in the prior versions.  This is just another example of incompetence.
    It wasn't active in past versions, it was disabled when nothing was filtered, and active/green when things are filtered.

From a pure GUI standpoint one can argue that is the right behavior not hiding it.
    Old version, nothing filtered:

With filters on:

It really seems like the "GUI police" are working overtime in this area.  First the Selection to hide the Filters (the triangle) and now this.
    Signature:
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    Sherlock said:

It wasn't active in past versions, it was disabled when nothing was filtered, and active/green when things are filtered.

From a pure GUI standpoint one can argue that is the right behavior not hiding it.
    Old version, nothing filtered:

With filters on:

It really seems like the "GUI police" are working overtime in this area.  First the Selection to hide the Filters (the triangle) and now this.

You're mistaken.  In earlier versionsReset was always active (not gray and not green) and would reset the search text box and the other filters when selected.   
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    It looks like there must have been three different behaviors.  The screenshots above are from R39.23, and the Reset button is clearly disabled/greyed out in the first one.

Going back to R36.54, it has the behavior that you describe.

Signature:
  • lagunajim
    We now get a bright green reset button any time a reconcile is performed.  That is a bug.

Either get rid of the bright green or fix the bug please.
  • Roger Everson
    Roger Everson Member ✭✭✭
    To Quicken folks. Please fix this bug. Not even sure why this particular search is even there. There are at least two other ways to perform a similar search.
  • Roger Everson
    Roger Everson Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Actually, this isn't a true search, it's a filter on the register. Could the "filter" be made optional in settings? I don't need it.
This discussion has been closed.