one step update settings (checked accounts) will not save

when i go to one step update and check all the accounts i want to download and click apply, it appears to save the settings. however if i exit the one step update settings screen and go back in, all my accounts are unchecked again. what is the point of the apply button if it doesnt work :-). anyone have any tips on how to fix this nightmare of a bug that has been plaguing me for years?

i have seen a thread about this and people stating its probably related to a software update but that is not my experience. i have had this issue for years and no software update has fixed it. also that thread is closed so i couldnt add my comment there. this seems like a basic and easy fix and i wonder what is going on with it that they are unable to resolve it.

anyone have any input or suggestions?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    After you made changes on the OSU Settings panel and "Apply"d them, have you tried to run OSU? It's my suspicion that changes are only saved if you run OSU. If you exit OSU Settings without running OSU, changes appear to get lost.
  • Megan Zuckerman
    Megan Zuckerman Member ✭✭
    thanks @UKR, that suspicion / theory does not hold water for my situation. the settings (accounts checked) do not save either when I apply them and exit the screen or when i apply them and do an OSU. nothing i do can get the settings to stick. super frustrating.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scraping the bottom of the barrel here ... if this one doesn't pan out, please contact  Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and, doing a screen share session with them, let them try and figure out what's going on here.
  • Megan Zuckerman
    @UKR, thanks for that last ditch effort :-). i use mcafee for my virus protection so have windows defender turned off. i followed the instructions but after going into virus and thread protection i see no option for "manage settings" and it shows that mcafee is the current active protection.

honestly i have had such terrible luck / experiences with quicken support but have had good ones here in the community so i thought it would be worth a shot to ask here. this is like my long standing autocategorize problem of sometimes putting zzz's in front of my categories. i contacted them years ago and they offered no solutions and didnt even troubleshoot up to my standards so i gave up :-).

i appreciate you trying. this is really only an inconvenience (similar to the above mentioned auto categorize zzz prefix issue) so i will just live with it.

thanks.
  • bpat
    bpat Member ✭✭
    Like you, I have had this problem for quite some time, but never found the time to investigate. Please let me know if you got a working solution.
    When I click on the one-step-update, it runs without my input, only showing that quotes and reports were updated. I run again, this time with the account selection screen showing first. I select the accounts desired, and then click Apply (and often not), then click update now button. It successfully downloads my transactions.
    If I run the update again, I once again have to select the accounts again.
  • Megan Zuckerman
    yep. i have the same issue and, as of yet, i have not found a solution.
  • reeseg
    reeseg Windows Beta Beta
    This has been a known problem for years.  I understand that it "may" be related to setting up "Schedule Updates" then removing the schedule.  Quicken Support on the phone is aware of this bug and (over two years ago) promised me it would be resolved in a future update . . . still waiting.
  • Megan Zuckerman
    crazy!
  • deanmcilwrath
    deanmcilwrath Member ✭✭
    I also have had this same problem for the last few years, and have tried all manner of attempts to fix but no luck. I believe it is related to a problem with my data file, which dates back to 1988 and has some errors that a super validate finds but can't repair. Quicken support has told me the only only solution is to start with a new datafile (which I have verified does eliminate this one-step update settings annoyance) but I am not willing to part with my old data nor spend the time re-setting up quicken.

I am curious if any others having this problem also have data file errors that cant be fixed by a super validate. I see this message: "QDF: Damaged data record. Validating your data." in the validation DATA_LOG.txt file every time I run a super validate.

It still irks me that even though I now have to pay an annual subscription price issues like these are not fixed by quicken.
  • Megan Zuckerman
    @deanmcilwrath, my file doesnt date that far back but does go back a ways and i also will not be happy starting over. i did a super validate to test your theory and did not get any "QDF: Damaged data record. Validating your data." I did however get a bunch of "Damaged data block. Validating your data."
This discussion has been closed.