M1 Finance on Quicken for Mac

GCLR
GCLR Member
I just paid for Quicken for my Mac so I could track, among other things, my M1 Finance portfolio. Quicken announced M1 Finance could be added as of March 2022, but I'm not finding it anywhere. This is frustrating! Can someone help me?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have flagged your post to request a moderator move it to an appropriate Quicken for Mac category.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @GCLR,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are having issues with connecting your M1 Finance account(s).

I suggest attempting to add your account(s) using one of the M1 Bank instances. See screenshot below:

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• GCLR
    GCLR Member
    I’m not looking for M1 Bank, I’m looking for M1 Finance. They are two different companies.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @GCLR

I do apologize for the miscommunication. 

If you are unable to locate M1 Finance within the financial institution list then they do not have a connection with Quicken. 

In order for a financial institution to support downloads to Quicken and to be added to our bank list, the request to be added would need to be made and submitted by the financial institution to our service providers. If you want Quicken to be supported, you will need to contact your financial institution directly and tell them you'd like to download your accounts into Quicken.

I hope this information serves to be useful to you! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @GCLR

I do apologize for the miscommunication. 

If you are unable to locate M1 Finance within the financial institution list then they do not have a connection with Quicken. 

In order for a financial institution to support downloads to Quicken and to be added to our bank list, the request to be added would need to be made and submitted by the financial institution to our service providers. If you want Quicken to be supported, you will need to contact your financial institution directly and tell them you'd like to download your accounts into Quicken.

I hope this information serves to be useful to you! Thank you.
    From https://www.quicken.com/blog/quicken-product-highlights-march-2022

• GCLR
    GCLR Member
    This is from your own website under "Quicken Product Highlights March 2022"

"Other investing improvements
    In addition to the changes we've made to the investing dashboard, we have also added roughly 800 more investment accounts that you can access, including Robinhood, M1 Finance, Fundrise, and others. In most cases, these new brokerages will use Simple Investing only. They will display the market value, but not individual transactions."

Is this information untrue?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @GCLR and @Sherlock

I do immensely apologize for the miscommunication. 

I have reached out to a few of our internal channels to look further into this error and I will provide an update once I have received more information. 

Thank you for your patience. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• quidster
    quidster Member ✭✭
    So, what's the story here? I just installed the latest update and, months after it was advertised, M1 Finance still does not show up in the institutions list.
    Just your friendly neighborhood student of Quicken.
  • mauracal496
    mauracal496 Member
    M1 Finance, Robinhood, etc. use Apex for clearing transactions. Look into M1 help articles to see how to log into Apex (https://help.m1.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012279454-Download-and-view-realized-gains). On Quicken, choose Apex Clearing and use the Apex login credentials you created in the first step.
  • quidster
    quidster Member ✭✭
    @mauracal496 did this actually work for you? I created an Apex account and linked it to my M1. I then tried adding an Apex type account in Quicken. The connector did find the M1 account; so, authentication went right in that step.

However, it's not downloading any transaction or balance info. Account status window indicates a "bad gateway" error for the Apex connection.
  • Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    quidster said:
    So, what's the story here? I just installed the latest update and, months after it was advertised, M1 Finance still does not show up in the institutions list.
    Hi @Quidster

I am sorry for the trouble you are having connecting to M1 Bank. It has been a few days since you installed the last update. Can you please check the Financial List one more time and let me know if you do not see M1 Bank or M1 Bank- Business Banking? If you do not, please let me know. Thanks! 

-Quicken Janean

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• quidster
    quidster Member ✭✭
    Hi Janean,

There is still no option for M1 Finance. That said, I was able to get it sync'd by using Apex per @mauracal496's advice.

If it was always intended that M1 Finance could only be sync'd with Quicken in this manner, it would just be a matter of Quicken issuing a statement and correcting its guides.
This discussion has been closed.