No downloads from Citi card since April

Dbaker450
Dbaker450 Member ✭✭
I sent a discussion question in april regarding this issue. I learned that the problem is ongoing. As it is a credit card I am hand-entering all the transactions and feeling kinda grumpy. I am having the worst time reconciling! This is precisely why I am paying for Quicken. Can't we fix the problem? Help!

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓
    Dbaker450 said:
    I sent a discussion question in april regarding this issue. I learned that the problem is ongoing. As it is a credit card I am hand-entering all the transactions and feeling kinda grumpy. I am having the worst time reconciling! This is precisely why I am paying for Quicken. Can't we fix the problem? Help!
    We've had no issues importing our transactions using the Direct Connect connection method with Citi Cards.

If you're not using the Direct Connect connection method with your Citi Cards account registers, I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all account registers available with Citi Cards and clear the name of the financial institution on the General tab of the Account Details window.  After you have deactivated the Online Services of all the account register available with Citi Cards and cleared the financial institution name on the General tab of the Account Details window available at Citi Cards, select Tools > Add Account..., search for Citi Cards, select Advanced Options, and choose Direct Connect.  After you authenticate, Quicken should provide a list of the available accounts and allow you to link the account to the appropriate existing registers.

You may need allow Quicken access to your Citi account at https://citi.com/datamanagement 

Note: When we change the connection method, the initial import may present duplicate transactions which may be deleted.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓
    Dbaker450 said:
    We've had no issues importing our transactions using the Direct Connect connection method with Citi Cards.

If you're not using the Direct Connect connection method with your Citi Cards account registers, I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all account registers available with Citi Cards and clear the name of the financial institution on the General tab of the Account Details window.  After you have deactivated the Online Services of all the account register available with Citi Cards and cleared the financial institution name on the General tab of the Account Details window available at Citi Cards, select Tools > Add Account..., search for Citi Cards, select Advanced Options, and choose Direct Connect.  After you authenticate, Quicken should provide a list of the available accounts and allow you to link the account to the appropriate existing registers.

You may need allow Quicken access to your Citi account at https://citi.com/datamanagement 

Note: When we change the connection method, the initial import may present duplicate transactions which may be deleted.

• Dbaker450
    Dbaker450 Member ✭✭
    Hi Sherlock,
    Thank you very much for your directions. I am so happy that I may soon see my credit card info updating automatically. I believe that I am supposed to first Deactivate Online Services, then reconnect with my card company and set up card account again. I have followed your instructions up to the point of authenticating with new account. Here is where I hit a problem. I find no Advanced Options anywhere! so I am still Express Connect. I hope I am clearly explaining. Thanks for your attention.
  • Dbaker450
    Dbaker450 Member ✭✭
    PS Now my credit card account shows no transactions at all. I am keeping the hope that Quicken has saved all the data file as an "un-named account" as it promised. Whew!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Dbaker450 said:
    Hi Sherlock,
    Thank you very much for your directions. I am so happy that I may soon see my credit card info updating automatically. I believe that I am supposed to first Deactivate Online Services, then reconnect with my card company and set up card account again. I have followed your instructions up to the point of authenticating with new account. Here is where I hit a problem. I find no Advanced Options anywhere! so I am still Express Connect. I hope I am clearly explaining. Thanks for your attention.
    It sounds like you may not have followed the directions provided because the ability to select the Advanced Options should appear when you select Citi Cards on the Add Account window as shown in the images.
  • Dbaker450
    Dbaker450 Member ✭✭
    Of course! I see it now. I have been trying to carry out the instructions. The account is deactivated. Unfortunately I am unable to clear the name of the card on the general tab now. It will not allow me to close the tab when I do, telling me that the name line needs an entry.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Dbaker450 said:
    I am unable to clear the name of the card on the general tab now. It will not allow me to close the tab when I do, telling me that the name line needs an entry.
    You aren't supposed to clear the name of the card (account name) you are supposed to clear the name of the financial institution.

The account name is the name of the account in Quicken and is required.

And in truth I have found that you do not even have to clear the financial institution name if you use "Add Account".  That is included in the instructions for the people that try to use "Setup up Now..." on the Online Services tab instead of Tools -> Add Account.

"Set up up Now..." will lock in the setup to the financial institution name on the General tab if it there.  That is the reason for clearing it out.  Tools -> Add Account isn't looking at any given account and as such will not try to lock the setup to a given financial institution name.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Dbaker450 said:
    Of course! I see it now. I have been trying to carry out the instructions. The account is deactivated. Unfortunately I am unable to clear the name of the card on the general tab now. It will not allow me to close the tab when I do, telling me that the name line needs an entry.
    I suspect you're attempting to clear the Account name when you were instructed to clear the name of the Financial institution:

• Dbaker450
    Dbaker450 Member ✭✭
    I think my problem is solved. Thank you for your help.
    Donna
This discussion has been closed.